Family Neighborhoods near The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Default Family Neighborhoods near The Villages

What are the best "Family Neighborhood" areas to buy near TV?
I'm still in my 40s but will be retiring from the Military and would love to settle down close to TV until I hit 55.

Thanks
RS
Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Sage

Razor...even though under 55, you could still purchase a home in The Villages. Federal fair housing laws allow up to 20% of the homes to be owned by under 55. However, you cannot have any children under age 19 living with you.

If your interest is family neighborhoods, there are 3 close by that have similar floor plans as Villages homes and were done by Villages builders. Buffalo Ridge, Arbor something, and something Oaks. They do not have access to Villages amenities and have limited amenities of their own. Lakeside landings, off of Rainey trail is close by as is Villages of Parkwood. These both have some amenities...pool, clubhouse, etc.

Hope this helps....
Old 05-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Default Single fam homes for those w. school age children?

Does anyone know of families w. kids that have found satisfactory homes for purchase near the Villages? Can anyone recommend a development such as: the Villages of Parkwood, or any other based on real feedback concerning quality homes, quality of life, upkeep, safety, etc. Shouldn't non-retirement communities so close to us have a vested interest in upkeep and mgmt. to attract younger home seekers who may also be related to Villagers and wish to live nearby and have their kids attend our schools? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tx. to all.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Gold member

We visited and liked the houses and communities at Harbor Hills and Tera Vista at Citrus Hills. Nice communities but do not have as many ammenities as TV.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by grote15 View Post
Does anyone know of families w. kids that have found satisfactory homes for purchase near the Villages? Can anyone recommend a development such as: the Villages of Parkwood, or any other based on real feedback concerning quality homes, quality of life, upkeep, safety, etc. Shouldn't non-retirement communities so close to us have a vested interest in upkeep and mgmt. to attract younger home seekers who may also be related to Villagers and wish to live nearby and have their kids attend our schools? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tx. to all.
The Villages charter school system are for children of people who work for or in The Villages. There are surrounding area public schools for children in Lady Lake, Leesburg, and Wildwood.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Default Housing for Non-seniors

I know that! Everyone who lives here does! Of course they would have to meet this rqmt. to attend the schools. You did not help, however , with my question about where to live. Sounds like you are being excluding???
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,416 Posts

Quote:
I know that! Everyone who lives here does! Of course they would have to meet this rqmt. to attend the schools. You did not help, however , with my question about where to live. Sounds like you are being excluding???
If you are refering to Gracie's post........she is not excluding.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I guess your first post wasn't very clear. I thought Gracie gave you a perfectly good answer to your questions.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
There is one family unit neighborhood (Bison Valley) in the Sumter County portion of The Villages. Village property. Same builders, model homes. Bison Valley is golf car accessible to The Villages. Located behind Buffalo Ridge and next to Village of Summerhill off 466. Currently only one home Sale Pending Villages Pre-owned The Villages - Florida's premier active adult retirement community. Search Resale Homes We went through several open homes previously.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

There is one home for sale in Bison Valley. All other ones are sold. The other on 466 is Spring Arbor, then Oak Meadows behing the Target off of Rolling Acers.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:06 PM

The Lakes of Lady Lake is another gated community with NO age restrictions. The homes in here are all on the golf course and backs up to The Villages Historic side off County Road 25 (C-25) just East of US 441/27. I have lived here for 7 years and serve on the HOA Board, if you have any questions.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:09 PM

Lakes of Lady Lake on CR 25, backs up to The Villages. No bond, free water, no age restricitons,gated golf course community. I have my pool home for sale now, see under homes for sale by owner.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:14 PM

Lakes of Lady Lake has a few homes for sale too. CR 25 adjoins The Villages East border.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:31 PM

parkwood village dot com
Old 06-10-2012, 02:28 PM

Personally I am not a fan of Parkwood's homes. Love the family atmosphere in the Arbor family section on 466 South. (Lake County). Bison is a great neighborhood also with beautiful homes (Sumter County). if you are retiring from the military you would have a great opportunity to get a part time job in the Villages which would make you eligible to enroll your children in the charter school. Good luck and welcome to our area.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.