Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Rosemarie Adcock
Smile New Member

Hi everyone! I am a new member to this list. My husband and I live south of the Villages and seem to spend more and more time visiting as we are getting to know this wonderful community. I am a fine artist and founder of a charitable organization which also keeps us busy. I am looking forward to being a part of this delightful community even in this small way!
Rosemarie
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Platinum member

Welcome to TOTV! Hope you really enjoy your time here!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Default thank you

Thank you so much! Someone actually read my post! I am excited!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemarie Adcock View Post
Hi everyone! I am a new member to this list. My husband and I live south of the Villages and seem to spend more and more time visiting as we are getting to know this wonderful community. I am a fine artist and founder of a charitable organization which also keeps us busy. I am looking forward to being a part of this delightful community even in this small way!
Rosemarie
Rosemarie:

:welcome to TOTV. I am so happy you decided to post.

This site is entertaing and additive. Hope you keep on posting.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Platinum member

Love your avatar.... you ARE a fine artist!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 AM

Thank you! How does anyone know one another's names??
Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Love your avatar.... you ARE a fine artist!
Welcome to you Rosemarie.

I can see that you are a fine artist.

I am an unfine artist, but I am working on it.

You will love it here!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you! How does anyone know one another's names??
I see your in Leesburg which is close to TV.

There is a luncheon held every third Friday at Crispers starting at 3 PM.

Crispers is in the Southern Trace Mall on 466. You can convert screen names to real names at this function or keep on the site and become friends with people and you will learn there real names.

Joe

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

Last edited by 2BNTV; 11-02-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Smile regarding artists

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Welcome to you Rosemarie.

I can see that you are a fine artist.

I am an unfine artist, but I am working on it.

You will love it here!
Gracie
I am so surprised and happy people read my post and are so welcoming. so nice. Regarding artists, keep working at it. Most of it is being able to learn to see and then go from there. I have a painting going in to the Museum of Florida Art in Deland on the 11th, and while I was working on that one, I posted pictures on my website under the Works in Progress link so people could see how it was constructed. Sometimes just understanding how things are made is half the journey. The rest is just to keep doing it! Don't give up!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Veteran member

Rosemarie. Welcome to TOTV. Your avatar is very intriguing. Do you show your art at the art festival either in LSL/SS or Lady Lake? Sometime back I posted on TOTV what kind of art works people hang in their homes in TV and I got interesting replies. You might want to check it out. I think you just do a search on art works. For a long while my wife was involved in art as an art dealer and although we don't buy art anymore, we are always interested.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Default art fests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
Rosemarie. Welcome to TOTV. Your avatar is very intriguing. Do you show your art at the art festival either in LSL/SS or Lady Lake? Sometime back I posted on TOTV what kind of art works people hang in their homes in TV and I got interesting replies. You might want to check it out. I think you just do a search on art works. For a long while my wife was involved in art as an art dealer and although we don't buy art anymore, we are always interested.
I haven't been at these festivals partly because we are relatively new here and I am not yet aware of them, but because many of my frames are gold leaf, therefore fragile, I am cautious about outdoor exhibits. I did one a number of years ago and I won't recall here what it was like trying to avoid being struck by lightning while saving pictures from rain while the cub scout troop looked at us as though we were out of our minds, undoubtedly while the troop leader used us as an example of what not to do during a thunderstorm. No I won't recall that but it did make me gun-shy. Perhaps it is time to reconsider those exhibits. Are there any coming up shortly that we might attend?

As I mentioned, I have a larger painting 60 x 72 opening at the Museum of Florida Art in Deland on 11.11 at 5pm. (Their 6th Biennial Exhibition) It is a nice evening with lovely hors 'oeuvres. The Avatar is a detail of that painting called Adam Naming the Animals and the Appearance of Eve. As you likely have guessed, the Avatar is Eve. Anyway my site if you want to see it is www.RosemarieAdcock.com. Not all my work is that large.

I will check out the posting you mentioned. I am very interested to see what folks said in reply to your question. Thanks so much. (:
Old 11-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorio View Post
Yorio,
We are somewhat new to FL so I am not yet aware of all the shows. When do these occur that you mentioned?

Regarding the Avatar, it is a detail of "Eve" in the painting Adam Naming the Animals and the Appearance of Eve . You can see my site address at my contact info.
I will look up the post you mentioned. Curious to see those replies!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Gracie
I am so surprised and happy people read my post and are so welcoming. so nice. Regarding artists, keep working at it. Most of it is being able to learn to see and then go from there. I have a painting going in to the Museum of Florida Art in Deland on the 11th, and while I was working on that one, I posted pictures on my website under the Works in Progress link so people could see how it was constructed. Sometimes just understanding how things are made is half the journey. The rest is just to keep doing it! Don't give up!
Rosemarie, Welcome to our little community of Talkers. Why don't you post the link to your website so we can see some of your work?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Default paintings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Rosemarie, Welcome to our little community of Talkers. Why don't you post the link to your website so we can see some of your work?
I think the moderator won't let it post, as I had it in a previous reply which twice hasn't posted. It is my name without spaces, RosemarieAdcock then add the com

Also I think you can see my contact info and it is listed there.

thank you so much for asking.
Also the reception at the museum is open to the public. Nice hor's douevres, too.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Smile still getting this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Steven, ok if you click on my name next to the Avatar there is a drop down menu, them click on "Visit Rosemarie Adcock's Homepage" It takes you directly to the site, where you see Eve again. (:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.