New Owner to be… need inspector recommendation…

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2022, 06:30 AM

Make sure your inspector checks the hot water heater expansion tank, not just that it does have air in the top but the right psi.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radamo View Post
Hello all,
We are Rich and Patti from Long Island, NY. We just went to contract on a previously loved home in Monarch Grove. I am looking to get a home inspector to check the place out prior to closing. Anyone have and recommendations? Or contractors to avoid?

Thanks for any help and can’t wait to join you all.
None to recommend, but I can suggest those to avoid; namely anyone recommended by the sales agent involved in the home purchase. I took my agents advice and used an inspector they recommended, only to later find that the inspector overlooked quite a few home issues. While I have no proof, I suspect that the inspector was incentivized by the sales agent to avoid putting the sale at risk by surfacing too many deficiencies. I would ask anyone that I use just how much work they do for both the sales agent and (collectively) The Villages. You want someone totally independent, and not someone who is dependent upon The Villages and their agents for future business.
Good luck.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:39 AM

You might also ask a neighbor(s) who have unique perspectives on your neighborhood and the homes within it. People in TV are always willing to help. If you called a neighbor, introduced yourself and explained your predicament, I am sure that they would offer to help in some way, if only to explain observable things such as lawn and garden condition, previous roof damage, contractors seen at the house, etc. I certainly would help a future neighbor.
Again, good luck.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:47 AM
Default Served me well

Did a good job.

Quote:
Hello all,
We are Rich and Patti from Long Island, NY. We just went to contract on a previously loved home in Monarch Grove. I am looking to get a home inspector to check the place out prior to closing. Anyone have and recommendations? Or contractors to avoid?

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	8AD9DC58-97BF-4660-BD98-F7FA2216D53D.png
Views:	11
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	94830  
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 08-22-2022, 07:13 AM

I used Grant Inspections last week - Johnny was awesome - I got him within a week - also Farmers insurance in Eustis is the Best price around and coverage - you get a discount using Grant Inspections ($85) if you use them. I call and checked around and used Next Door app - for recommendations- which is free to join. Use Laura Leahy at (352) 900-2740 for Farmers - definitely get wind Mitigation - saved me over $400 a year.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:16 AM
Default HouseMasters

Quote:
Hello all,

A vote for HouseMasters. Chad found a problem with the roof the seller had installed six months before our purchase. He saved the seller a lot of money and us a lot of trouble.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Hello all,

Hi Rich & Patti, best of luck with your new home. What town are you from on Long Island.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:23 AM
Default House Inspections

Quote:
Hello all,

We have used McGarry and Madsen Inspections and found them to be very thorough! We've used them for house inspection then for Wind Mitigations. They are both contractors as well. 352-283-1385. You won't regret this choice.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:47 AM
Default Tom Stevens is Awesome!

Quote:
Thanks for all the recommendations! I agree about the sales person having a conflict of interest. That was why I was seeking suggestions from homeowners. Have a great day all!
Tom Stevens is excellent, and he was very thorough.

Surf to Turf Home Inspections
352-448-5567
FL LIC #HI13074

surftoturfhomeinspections@gmail.com

Facebook
Old 08-22-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
Hi Rich & Patti, best of luck with your new home. What town are you from on Long Island.
We are from Holbrook. We have been in this home since '92. Are you from Long Island?
Old 08-22-2022, 08:58 AM
Default Frank’s The Man!

Quote:
Hello all,

Plus One for Frank D'Angelo, but like others said. He’s usually booked pretty far out, but he can point you in the right direction.
Anyway, welcome to The Villages. You’re gonna love it!! 😎
Old 08-22-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDave View Post
Plus One for Frank D'Angelo, but like others said. He’s usually booked pretty far out, but he can point you in the right direction.
Anyway, welcome to The Villages. You’re gonna love it!! 😎
Our lifestyle preview visit confirmed all of our hopes. We can't wait to be there!!!
Old 08-22-2022, 09:20 AM
Default Inspector

Jeff Asbach (352) 7482008. The best.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Farmer View Post
Make sure your inspector checks the hot water heater expansion tank, not just that it does have air in the top but the right psi.
NOT ALL Preowned homes have a expansion tank on their hot water heater. I purchased a home built in 2004. No expansion tank on my gas hot water heater. This past march I had a new hot water heater installed and the plumber put in a expansion tank.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
We are from Holbrook. We have been in this home since '92. Are you from Long Island?
Yes were from Coram, just south of Port Jeff. We purchased in Sept 2020. Right Now were snowbirding. Loving The Villages. Can't wait to get back in October.
Closed Thread

Tags
inspector, home, check, place, prior

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.