New owner mail questions

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Default New owner mail questions

Hi fellow Villagers. I just closed (by mail) monday on a courtyard villa in Duval.
I just received my closing documentation and it includes my mailbox number. Do you have mail sent to your address or your mailbox number? I need to have my villages mail forwarded to my Mass address. You can do it on-line but they want to know if it's a PO box or address.
Also do any of you use the property management service to watch your house when you are not there?
Thanks for any advice,
Bill from MA and TV
Old 08-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

We are just buying a home in Hemingway, and we were told that our address is our mailbox. They just assign a number to the boxes so you can find them at the mail center easier. So your mailing address will be your house number and street name, not a box number.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Platinum member

It's your home address.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Use your street address, not the box number. You'll set yourself up for a lot of problems if you have mail sent to the box number. This is not P.O. Box, but the P.O. will confuse your mail with a P.O. Box if mail is addressed to it. Your street address is the only way to have your mail addressed.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Your street address is what you use for all mail - including FedEx, UPS, etc. No one need ever know which box is yours at the postal station. You only need to know the number so you can find it to get your mail out.

There are several services in TV that watch empty homes and/or manage rentals. Do a search on this site and you should come up with some good info on those services. You will need to arrange for things like grass cutting and some utilities (water and electric for your sprinkler system, for instance) even during your absence.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:06 PM

I sent you a PM with information about our caretakers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.