New to Pickleball

Old 01-02-2024, 12:11 PM
Default New to Pickleball

I’ve recently taken up pickleball and enjoy it. I would like to practice myself. I already play 3 X per week. I live north of 466 and would like to know if there are any “practice walls” at any courts so I could practice serves etc
Old 01-02-2024, 12:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstark View Post
I’ve recently taken up pickleball and enjoy it. I would like to practice myself. I already play 3 X per week. I live north of 466 and would like to know if there are any “practice walls” at any courts so I could practice serves etc
I have never seen a practice wall on a pickleball court, but many tennis courts have them. If empty, go for it.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
I have never seen a practice wall on a pickleball court, but many tennis courts have them. If empty, go for it.
I’m hoping to take a class or learn how to play. Scrolling through the calendar is pretty slow way to go at it.

Thank you for any help!
Old 01-02-2024, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
Usually all 4 court tennis courts have practice wall except Chatham. Closest one north of 466 saddlebrook or terra de sol.
Old 01-02-2024, 03:39 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

You can go to http://pickleballcommunity.com/ and click on "new to pickleball". There is a list there of all the classes available through The Villages and their volunteers. I teach in two of them.

You can also go to my Facebook page "Take the Next Step Pickleball". I teach and mentor play for beginners on Friday at Chula Vista from 2 to 4. The next few dates are full but slots will open up. This is free and I also teach individuals for a fee.

There is a backboard on the tennis court at Chula BTW.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else

Tags
practice, pickleball, “practice, walls”, courts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.