New Resident orientation

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Default New Resident orientation

Where do I find information on the new resident orientation? I believe there is a session in January.
Rich Ludwig
Mallory Square
Old 01-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

The Village Homeowners Association (VHA) holds their New Resident meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7 PM at Colony Cottage Recreation Center. Their January Orientation is scheduled for 1/10/2012, 7 PM. There are some other orientations also available but I do not know their times, dates, places, etc.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,411 Times in 2,412 Posts

No VHA Newcomer Orientation on Valentines
Day (February 14th)
VHA Newcomer Orientation is January 10th, at 7
p.m., at Colony Cottage Regional Recreation Center,
and the next orientation will be Tuesday, March 13th.
Happy Valentines Day
(January Village Voice)

CDD Orientation - Schedule Changes
The CDD Orientation Class (District Orientation) that is held on Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. is cancelled on Thursday, December 22, 2011, and Thursday, December 29, 2011. The class will resume on Thursday, January 5, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. in the Large Conference Room located at 3201 Wedgewood Lane. For more information please contact the District Customer Service Center at 753-4508.
(www.districtgov.org)
Old 01-03-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig-MN View Post
Where do I find information on the new resident orientation? I believe there is a session in January.
Rich Ludwig
Mallory Square
The Villages hometown social is at Lake Miona recreation center the second and fourth Wednesday of the month. Next one 1/11/12. You need your district and lot #. Your invitation is given to you at your closing. You get to meet other new people and get some nice coupons and discounts.352-753-6770
Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Gold member
Default Nho

Jim. Was wondering? Do you only have one shot at this assigned meetings goven at the closing?

What about Yankees like us that close by mail or those that come down to close but have to put off moving till July or even later?

Of course you have probably warned the neighborhood about me already!

Just wondering?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Angry Me too

I am also one of those that closed by mail.. Never got that invite. I think my salesperson dropped the ball more than once . Lost our keys and we had to foot the bill for new lock.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:59 PM

We closed in person, didn't get an invite.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Sage

We closed by mail and got an invite....that was more than 2 years ago so can't remember if the thing just came in our mail once we were here or what. We did do a "walk through" once we were here so maybe that put things into motion! Call the sales office and ask them.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Thanks for this information! I bought a lot in May, but was unaware of this. I hope to attend these once my build is complete! Would love to meet other newbies, and although I have read a lot on the CDD and deed restrictions, new info is always appreciated! Good to know this exists...

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

Count me in on the mail close, too. Never got an invite to anything! What's going on?

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 AM

We got the information when we closed on our home from the closing agent.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We got the invite at closing, it's just generic invitation. The paper gives the times and dates and you just pick when you want to go, we waited two months. Really didn't learn anything that we didn't already know and most of the free info didn't pertain to us, I did use a discount tickets coupon to Savannah Center for the Beatles Tribute Show.

Our salesman, Tony Trussler also sent us an invite to a party at Lake Minona Rec Center in January. He invited all his customers from 2011 for a dinner and dancing with a DJ. It was a nice meal served, not a buffet, to about 100 people. My neighbor didn't get his invite, apparently they dropped the ball. Anyway, his salesman came by yesterday and gave him a $100 gift certificate right out of the blue for forgetting to invite him to the party.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,584 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
We got the invite at closing, it's just generic invitation. The paper gives the times and dates and you just pick when you want to go, we waited two months. Really didn't learn anything that we didn't already know and most of the free info didn't pertain to us, I did use a discount tickets coupon to Savannah Center for the Beatles Tribute Show.

Our salesman, Tony Trussler also sent us an invite to a party at Lake Minona Rec Center in January. He invited all his customers from 2011 for a dinner and dancing with a DJ. It was a nice meal served, not a buffet, to about 100 people. My neighbor didn't get his invite, apparently they dropped the ball. Anyway, his salesman came by yesterday and gave him a $100 gift certificate right out of the blue for forgetting to invite him to the party.
Must be standard party our sales person had a party for his clients also

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.