New to TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2021, 05:52 PM

1 month today and we are just feeling like life will be less stressful. I feel your pain, moved long distance from Illinois and we are tired, 2 Pods, and a jam packed minivan, and more stuff than we should have dragged with us, we are slowly going over different ways to organize in a smaller home with no basement. It will get better, get some rest, and in time you will feel human again😎We are so happy to be here, all the work will seem worth it.🥰 we are in DeSoto, if you need a kind word.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

What area did you move to? Welcome! Be sure to check out south of sixty group!
Old 04-24-2021, 07:55 AM

I am struggling trying to figure out this site! With that said I am posting here because replying is the only way I know how to do it. I am looking for someone With a truck and a strong back to help me pick up a dining room set from an estate sale and bring it to my home in the villages. Does anyone know of someone? Thanks for your help
Old 04-24-2021, 08:39 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

call Tom Tisdell +1 407-456-4290 • Main
228 Skyline Dr, Lady Lake, FL 32159, USA of Tisdell moving. Have used number of times and very reasonable and very good.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:34 PM

I say get your closet, bathroom and kitchen in order, then just slow down with the unpacking...it will get done. Also, as you come to things you don't need/want anymore, there is a way that you can post pictures on this sight, (or somewhere) to sell. We rented here before we bought, kept our rental a month after closing, so were able to have an estate sale at our rental after we moved everything to our new house that we wanted/needed. STILL had too much stuff, and we had downsized twice before we even moved into our rental here!!! It just isn't easy!!! WELCOME!!, slow down the packing just a little bit, and get out to the squares, play a sport or two (or more), look at the classes and clubs that you may be interested in! You are going to LOVE IT HERE!!
Old 04-24-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
Clarification: The website is thevha.net.
Thank you - I didn’t catch the space the computer inserted.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:17 PM

Were doing that now....close here in MA June 25th and only a few things are coming with us.....
Old 04-26-2021, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Hey there! Do yourself a HUGE favor, that will save you TONS of time and frustration.
Go to the sales office in your local town square. Tell them you'd like a copy of the booklet with the cover that says:
We're Lovin' the Lifestyle
Unpack Your Boxes & Join the Fun!
Welcome Home
The Villages
Villager Guide

That has basically everything a brand new Villager needs to know. If they only give them out to people who do a lifestyle visit or buy new construction, let me know. I will scan mine, print it out, and hand-deliver it to you in full color, heavy paper

I went by and picked up the book. Thank you. Has a lot of good information.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbrwn@me.com View Post
Welcome. Rob and I moved locally here 2 weeks ago. We are 53 and 55 and are still working full time our same jobs. Downsizing has been really hard. We have decided to rent a small 5x5 storage unit, to hold our Christmas stuff because we just don’t have enough closet space. We bought from the Villages so we didn’t have the frustrating experience you have had. Although, I have quickly realized that everything seems to be setup with the thought that you are retired so we are going to have to be creative to get fully acclimated into weekend activities.
I thought we could fit a lot in the storage space above the garage. I was wrong. Didn't even hold Christmas stuff. I told Laurie when it comes down, it's not all going back up. The kids can have what they want. Including the tree. Too big, need a smaller one.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebooo View Post
I thought you have to be at least 5 to live in tv?
Nobody checked my ID.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
Duval. I discovered that club. Believe had a Poker Run but Laurie had to go help her family in Texas. We will attend a social.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpascani View Post
I say get your closet, bathroom and kitchen in order, then just slow down with the unpacking...it will get done. Also, as you come to things you don't need/want anymore, there is a way that you can post pictures on this sight, (or somewhere) to sell. We rented here before we bought, kept our rental a month after closing, so were able to have an estate sale at our rental after we moved everything to our new house that we wanted/needed. STILL had too much stuff, and we had downsized twice before we even moved into our rental here!!! It just isn't easy!!! WELCOME!!, slow down the packing just a little bit, and get out to the squares, play a sport or two (or more), look at the classes and clubs that you may be interested in! You are going to LOVE IT HERE!!
Thank you, You really don't realize how much you have until you have to move it. Unreal. We had a huge moving sale a month before and thought we had it covered. Our bedroom set was an oversized queen with big, deep drawers and sent that with son in law last week. Got a smaller set and now half our clothes don't fit. It really feels like we will never get there. Eventually we will but can't see it anytime soon. I think we need a dumpster.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:01 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyMo View Post
Nobody checked my ID.
It's actually in the title documents.

There is a section imaginatively titled " Housing for older people " along with the 55+ document from the State of Florida.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
Where is the South of Sixty group?
Closed Thread

Tags
family, time, laurie, information, center

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.