New to TV, closing February 2024

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2023, 06:58 AM
Smile New to TV, closing February 2024

Good morning all,

Happy to be moving to TV (Dabney) in Feb 2024. Looking for someone to monitor / document our new home build with video / pics as we are not local. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-21-2023, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Don Wiley, aka "GoldWingNut"...

He posts quite often on ToTV...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-21-2023, 07:34 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobob83 View Post
Good morning all,

Happy to be moving to TV (Dabney) in Feb 2024. Looking for someone to monitor / document our new home build with video / pics as we are not local. Anyone have any suggestions?
goldwingnut.com
Old 09-21-2023, 08:29 AM

Contact Don. Click on the Below link even though it says 403 FORBIDDEN

403 Forbidden
Old 09-21-2023, 09:06 AM

Thank you, have contacted Don. Much apprecaited.
Old 09-21-2023, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

I guess The Villages no longer offers this, we had our house built after purchasing the lot, and received weekly photos of the construction. I know for a fact that the gentleman that did this retired and moved out of TV, hopefully someone else will fill his shoes. I would ask you agent to see if they have a contact for this service, I am guessing there may be a cost, but on the other hand the phots will be very helpful in the future, I have referenced ours sveral times.
Old 09-21-2023, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I guess The Villages no longer offers this, we had our house built after purchasing the lot, and received weekly photos of the construction. I know for a fact that the gentleman that did this retired and moved out of TV, hopefully someone else will fill his shoes. I would ask you agent to see if they have a contact for this service, I am guessing there may be a cost, but on the other hand the phots will be very helpful in the future, I have referenced ours sveral times.
As noted , Don will provide that service……
Old 09-22-2023, 05:47 AM
Default sales

My sales guy took pics of the build
Old 09-22-2023, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
They still do this. We are about finished construction in Dabney and have always had weekly photos sent to us.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:37 AM

Ask your realtor for weekly photos. Ours did that. Videos are pricey.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:00 AM

Don Wiley (goldwingnut) took video and photos of our home construction. Worth every penny. He pointed out many defects that were corrected before closing.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:05 AM

Based on personal experience, I suggest booking a home inspection a day or two after closing. You have only seven days to report any cosmetic issues. We had tons we found ourselves. An inspection report has more weight. At a minimum have someone with an eye for details to look over everything. Good luck!
Old 09-22-2023, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Don for sure
Old 09-23-2023, 09:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Build or buy what you can afford. A lot of people build or buy here because it’s a Disneyland for older citizens or retirees. Like we were told buy our realtor the bigger percentage of the people who move to TV will buy a 2nd or 3rd home. We really miss TV but we think our children were more important and unfortunately one lives in Texas where we chose to move to & our other child & his family live in Ohio, we miss them dearly.Wherever you buy in TV you won’t go wrong but some people will tell you some place are very clickish . We always liked the south end, we got along with everybody there unfortunately I can’t speak for any other part of TV. WARNING: don’t get it in your head about building a home the way you want or try to wheel & deal, it’s safe to tell you, you get what TV builds. Good luck, you’ll love TV!
Old 09-23-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Build or buy what you can afford. A lot of people build or buy here because it’s a Disneyland for older citizens or retirees. Like we were told buy our realtor the bigger percentage of the people who move to TV will buy a 2nd or 3rd home. We really miss TV but we think our children were more important and unfortunately one lives in Texas where we chose to move to & our other child & his family live in Ohio, we miss them dearly.Wherever you buy in TV you won’t go wrong but some people will tell you some place are very clickish . We always liked the south end, we got along with everybody there unfortunately I can’t speak for any other part of TV. WARNING: don’t get it in your head about building a home the way you want or try to wheel & deal, it’s safe to tell you, you get what TV builds. Good luck, you’ll love TV!
Was able to build exactly what my wife wanted and I wanted a cart garage on a lot that I was told was too narrow. Had them move the home back ten feet and after a call, it was approved. The Villages will work with you. Amazing place to live. Very safe and fantastic neighbors. Was told recently by Sumter County that our home is good enough to shelter in place during storms. Excellent construction.
Closed Thread

Tags
local, pics, video, build, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.