New Villagers in Gilchrist

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Veteran member
Location: Full Time in the Village of Gilchrist (aka Party Central)
Default New Villagers in Gilchrist

Hi Everyone! My wife and I have just purchased a lot in the Village of Gilchrist and have a design meeting on July 9th. We've already got a rental residence lined up and can't wait to become official Villagers. We hope to be there by mid-July if the closing on our home goes as planned. If anyone else is going into Gilchrist please stop by and give us a post...
Old 06-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMtnBoy View Post
Hi Everyone! My wife and I have just purchased a lot in the Village of Gilchrist and have a design meeting on July 9th. We've already got a rental residence lined up and can't wait to become official Villagers. We hope to be there by mid-July if the closing on our home goes as planned. If anyone else is going into Gilchrist please stop by and give us a post...
I think you are the first to say they are from Gilchrist. Welcome to you.

Hope you enjoy every second of a thousand years here with us! We live NORTH of you up in Laurel Valley!
Old 06-03-2012, 03:52 PM

Hi WVMtnBoy
Hope you move is easy for you. From what I see Gilchrist really sounds nice.
Your move is a little ahead of us. Waiting for my Medicare. Hubby wishes
I was as old as he is. We could be in TV. Coning in Oct 2013.
Wish it could be sooner, but I am told all good things come to those
who wait. Not sure I have that waiting faith. We hope Gilchrist will have
room for us, but They sell out quickly.
Good luck in your move.
Hope to meet someday soon.

Mar/Bob
Old 06-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Veteran member

We had initially purchased a lot on Mayflower Loop in Charlotte but decided that we wanted a larger lot and also changed the house to a Zinnia. TV let us switch the lots with no further payment on a one-time basis. I've noticed that Charlotte has filled up very quickly and it looks like Gilchrist might do the same thing. I can't wait to meet our neighbors (block parties, progressive dinners, drinks on the lanai)....lol. After all these years, I'm ready to have a social life and friends!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
We had initially purchased a lot on Mayflower Loop in Charlotte but decided that we wanted a larger lot and also changed the house to a Zinnia. TV let us switch the lots with no further payment on a one-time basis. I've noticed that Charlotte has filled up very quickly and it looks like Gilchrist might do the same thing. I can't wait to meet our neighbors (block parties, progressive dinners, drinks on the lanai)....lol. After all these years, I'm ready to have a social life and friends!!!!
WVMtnBoy, Welcome to TOTV! I hope your move to the Village of Gilchrist goes smoothly! Read and post on TOTV as it has a wealth of info. about moving to and living in The Villages.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=WVMtnBoy;500878]Hi Everyone! My wife and I have just purchased a lot in the Village of Gilchrist and have a design meeting on July 9th. We've already got a rental residence lined up and can't wait to become official Villagers. We hope to be there by mid-July if the closing on our home goes as planned. If anyone else is going into Gilchrist please stop by and give us a post...[/QUO

Just asking, did they tell you when your home will be finished? thanks and have fun and good luck
Old 06-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Veteran member

We were advised that construction would commence within about 10 days of the end of the design meeting and would take 2 1/2 - 3 months to complete. I'm hoping that the construction won't be as long as that but if it does, then it does. I'm just going to be happy to be in TV!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

i was the only one in our part when we bought it was kind of nice but the dirt sucked. Have fun
Old 06-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
We were advised that construction would commence within about 10 days of the end of the design meeting and would take 2 1/2 - 3 months to complete. I'm hoping that the construction won't be as long as that but if it does, then it does. I'm just going to be happy to be in TV!
So your home in Gilchrist will be finished mid to late October? That will give me another new village to explore this fall.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:26 PM

Hi to MtnBoy and the wife. We bought in Fernandina #208 on Quail Court, so we are right "next door". We have our Design Mtg on July 3, so our house should be done about a week before yours. We plan to move in shortly afterward. Looks like several lots have sold in Gilchrist so you should have lots of neighbors soon - however, you can come on over to the Bird Neighborhood and join in the fun. Welcome and congratulations! It's very exciting!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Veteran member

That's what we were told...we'll see what the info is at the conclusion of the design meeting. Hope your meeting goes well. How about letting me know what the meeting was like. Even if we do have neighbors, we'll still make a trip to Quail Court to say "Howdy"!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Veteran member

Suki, I just checked your profile...competition shooting, huh? Sounds interesting. I think there's a shooting range not too far from TV.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:56 PM

Sorry to hear you bailed out of Mayflower Loop, where we would have been neighbors. We're still in the same holler and, being a native WV Mountain Boy myself, looking forward to meeting you. Our iris will be finished in about three weeks and we'll start slowly moving to TV soon after. We really liked the design process,which is very complete yet quick. They love answering questions so don't hold back.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

Hi Terp! Nice to hear that there's another hillbilly in TV. We really like Mayflower Loop but the lot wasn't big enough to handle our "updated" plans. I think Gilchrist will be close enough that two country boys can get together once we get down there. If things go as planned, we should be in a rental house by mid-July. Keep in touch and we will get together when we get there!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Sage

WVMntBoy,
Welcome to TOTV and congrats on being the first Gilchrist poster! No matter how much you think you'll love it here, you'll probably love it even more! All best wishes.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.