New Villagers in Gilchrist

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Veteran member
Location: Full Time in the Village of Gilchrist (aka Party Central)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! My wife's aunt & uncle have been in TV for about 4 years now and love it. They were our inspiration for moving. I have no doubt that we will love it here. We hope to meet all of you when we get "home"! Oh, one more thing....do I get a prize for being the first Gilchrist poster????? roflmao
Old 06-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Sage

I am really surprised to hear they said your home would take 2 1/2 to 3 months. Normally they say the Designer homes take 60 days...Maximum 70 with changes. Definitely not 90 days. Is it possible they are actually backed up?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMtnBoy View Post
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! My wife's aunt & uncle have been in TV for about 4 years now and love it. They were our inspiration for moving. I have no doubt that we will love it here. We hope to meet all of you when we get "home"! Oh, one more thing....do I get a prize for being the first Gilchrist poster????? roflmao
Well, just in case Bill-n-Brillo doesn't stop by this thread, allow me to award you with three boxes of his favorite.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Sage

It looks like 12 lots sold in the week and there was about the same # set aside for spec homes.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Veteran member

I think we will probably get a firm time frame once the design meeting is over but we were told 2 1/2 - 3 months by our sales rep. They may be backed up since the design appointments have been so popular. I guess it just takes as long as it takes. And, thanks for the popcorn...I love popcorn....
Old 07-18-2012, 06:57 AM

WVMtnBoy: I just did a search on "Gilchrist" and came up with this thread! I am a fellow Gilchristian (?) and have only "met" one other poster here who is too! My husband and I are 209.32. Our design meeting is mid-September.

Your post about progressive dinners and drinks on the lanai is what prompted me to reply. I'm all in! We are not able to move into our home until next summer (I'm a teacher and even though I could leave mid-year, I would never "abandon" my AP Calculus kids--I just don't roll like that).

How did your design meeting go (it must be over by now)? I need DETAILS! PM me if you have the chance!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ah yes Calculus, and Trig, and all those higher maths we had to take to get to college.

I am glad that part is over and I will always be in awe of those who teach it as it was not easy for me to learn it.

Martha Washington, who was in my class was such a chatterbox. I was distracted.

That is my story and I am stickin' to it.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Veteran member
Default moving to Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMtnBoy View Post
Hi Everyone! My wife and I have just purchased a lot in the Village of Gilchrist and have a design meeting on July 9th. We've already got a rental residence lined up and can't wait to become official Villagers. We hope to be there by mid-July if the closing on our home goes as planned. If anyone else is going into Gilchrist please stop by and give us a post...
Hi We have also purchased a plot in Gilchrist on Amherst Way, we have our design visited booked for Sept, we cannot wait.
Our home should be ready just before Xmas so we are going to rent for 3 weeks in Dec, because we live in the UK and plan to come over end of the Nov. We cannot wait....
Old 07-18-2012, 08:17 AM

Graciegirl: don't be in awe of those of us who teacher higher level math...my younger sister is a kindergarten teacher (in Raleigh NC) and she teaches kids how to READ! That is the greatest gift you can give anyone as it is the key to everything. I am in awe of her everyday. And just so you know...my students think I dated Pythagorus!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

Sorry we've been gone from TOTV for such a long time but it's been a very long three weeks. We've closed on our house (money in the bank), moved my mother to NC, had our design meeting and made the trek to The Villages. We worked with Jim Lane as our design consultant and couldn't have been happier with the process. Jim was a true expert and we got everything we requested (altered kitchen design and stretches to lanai/front bedroom). Our sales agent, Jason Kranz, advised us to go around the the model homes and get our exterior colors, exterior light style and door style prior to the design meeting. Believe it or not, this did help the process. We took our time, asked quite a lot of questions and felt that we were honestly and fairly dealt with. Construction starts on the home on 7/24 and is to be completed by 9/27. They actually gave us this info in writing. Everything went so smoothly that we couldn't believe it! So, we have the moving truck unloaded and are in the process of settling into our rental condo. So far, I absolutely love TV and don't expect this to change any time in the future. It's good to be here!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john&wendy29 View Post
Hi We have also purchased a plot in Gilchrist on Amherst Way, we have our design visited booked for Sept, we cannot wait.
Our home should be ready just before Xmas so we are going to rent for 3 weeks in Dec, because we live in the UK and plan to come over end of the Nov. We cannot wait....
Welcome to another Gilchristian/Gilchrister! Our home should be done around September 24 and can't wait to meet our new neighbors!!!!

Old 07-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Veteran member
Default New Gilchristers

Quote:
Originally Posted by john&wendy29 View Post
Hi John & Wendy, My wife and I just arrived in TV this week after closing and moving into a rental residence. It's good to be in contact with other Gilchristers. Our lot is on the corner of Bradshaw and Kilgore. We are supposed to begin building sometime this week. When you get here please let us know so we can get acquainted!

Carl
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 PM

We bought Lot 7 in Unit 209 in the Village of Gilchrist....will have our design team meeting on September 3rd.....can't move there yet, so will rent out our new home for a while....look forward to meeting you all at one of the socials in our "Village of Gilchrist" someday. Hope your move goes smooth and safe!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Veteran member

We hope you hurry on down. I can't wait to have the first party/gathering!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Veteran member
Default We've Got Walls!

[IMG]walls.jpg[/IMG]

House Update: Went to the site on Sat and found rough-in plumbing and a notice from the inspector that there were deficiencies that needed to be corrected. Back to the site on Mon and found the inspector had signed off on the work so far and that rebar had been put into the footer ditches. There was another large batch of rebar laying by the ditches. I figured that we would have footers by Fri. Went back to today and this is what we found! Approximately 30 guys working on a completed slab laying block for the walls. I was stunned. The all looked like a bunch of worker bees. So it progresses!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.