New to the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default New to the Villages

Hi,
My name is Jim. I'm originally from Boston, but have traveled around a bit. I moved here from the Philippines where I lived for the past year and met my wife.
In my former life I was a PGA golf professional and am still a member of the PGA of America, but have not worked in a few years due to an accident that I had in 2008.
My real passion is music and I played rhythm guitar and sang the John Lennon parts in a Beatles tribute band for several years. I am interested in starting a Beatles club in The Villages. I am looking for people who play an instrument and/or sing. I'd also like to have people who just want to listen and join in discussion about Beatles lore and trivia.

If anyone is interested, send me an e-mail at winstonoboogiejr@yahoo.com.

I would also like to work a little bit in the golf business. My ideal situation would be to give one or two lessons a day four or five days a week. I don't know how I'm going to set that up yet but if you have any ideas, let me know.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 05-15-2012, 03:24 PM

Mabuhay!

Maligayang pagdating sa Ang Baryo! (Welcome to TV).
Old 05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last January at the Savannah Center a Beatles tribute band performed four sold out shows, I was at the first one and they were great. They made 3 or 4 costume changes and did the early and later material. They were called "The Nowhere Band", they'll probably come back next winter.

http://youtu.be/fN5Z0-5ItZI
Old 05-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Last January at the Savannah Center a Beatles tribute band performed four sold out shows, I was at the first one and they were great. They made 3 or 4 costume changes and did the early and later material. They were called "The Nowhere Band", they'll probably come back next winter.

The Nowhere Band - All You Need Is Love - Beatles Tribute - YouTube
My band didn't do all the costume changes and we weren't lookalikes. I did play sub in a band called the Nowheremen for a few gigs.

I've seen may of the really good tributes and if they come back, I'll be sure to see them.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathel View Post
Mabuhay!

Maligayang pagdating sa Ang Baryo! (Welcome to TV).
Salamat po.

Are you a Filipino? My wife would love to meet some of her fellow countrymen.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Gold member

I think there is a Filipino club here in the Villages, check the Rec News.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Gold member

Greetings Jim,
Welcome to TOTV.
I'm not there yet but I do play piano and Hammond B3 organ with a couple of Leslies. Also a little bass guitar.
Those are featured on a few Beatles songs but not most as you probably well know.
There are a few others on here who are musicians and we have discussed putting a band together when we all arrive. We do have a good band booster in Tom H.
In reality, they're different!

Last edited by CaptJohn; 05-15-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Veteran member

Hi Jim. Just sent you an e-mail. Like my good friend CaptJohn (who I expect to actually meet someday!) I'm one of those people who are interested in getting a band together and playing. Moving to the Village of St. Charles on July 5.

B.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.