Newbie who is a Wannabe

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Sage
Default Lifestyle Visit

Last edited by senior citizen; 05-27-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Sage
Smile

My husband has never wanted to live in Florida. Every time we talked about it he would change the subject. His idea of retirement was buying the family farm in Michigan and living there out in the middle of nowhere. I ordered one of the Villages DVDs from the website and dragged him to the family room to watch it. It caught his attention especially the golf which he loves. We came down on a lifestyle preview in 2004 with another couple for a week. He and I both fell in love with the place. We also wern't ready for retirement, but every year we came down for a week and would tell everyone we knew that we were going to retire to The Villages. We finally made it (retired early) in 2008 and love it here. It's hard to tear ourselves away to go back to Michigan to visit as we miss it so much when we leave. Good luck on the convincing. I think that once he sees the place he will be dreaming of retirement here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.