Not so major announcement

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Default Not so major announcement

We recently moved into The Village of Dunedin, onto Valleybrook Way. We are from Atlanta (Lake Lanier) and have finally unpacked and are ready for some friendly socializing, perhaps over a few glasses of wine. If you live on or near Valleybrook Way, and would like some new friends, please send me a private message.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am skeptical this approach will work. You might get better results by knocking on a few neighboring doors and inviting them to a driveway party, BYOB, chairs and a snack.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the tip - I will let you know my results. We are thinking of starting some sort of block party because we are in a very new section and everyone has just moved in.. One question - how far away do you go with the flyers in the door? We do not want to insult anyone by exclusion, but there must be some common-sense guidelines on this.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
Thanks for the tip - I will let you know my results. We are thinking of starting some sort of block party because we are in a very new section and everyone has just moved in.. One question - how far away do you go with the flyers in the door? We do not want to insult anyone by exclusion, but there must be some common-sense guidelines on this.
When we moved here two years ago we initiated a driveway meet and gave to flyers to our entire neighborhood (150 rooftops). We had about 50% show up but from that first meeting we had someone establish our presence on Nextdoor which was a great communications tool. We now have a meet and greet every quarter at Manatee plus individuals do driveway parties, lunches. Not everyone shows up for everything but if you are in a new neighborhood put it out to everyone you can, since it's a BYOB, snacks and chairs....why not?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-18-2016, 04:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
I did this when we first moved in a few years ago. I actually included three blocks, our block, the one behind us and the cul-de-sac. At the party I had a list for people to sign up with their e-mail addresses and put a disclaimer on it that if anyone was left out feel free to invite them and let me know so I could add their email address to my master list. We had 60 people show up to our block party which was held in the cul-de-sac. We provided the meat and charged $2.00 at the door and asked everyone to bring a side dish.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:36 AM
Sage

Just a suggestion:

Our neighborhood usually has a sign made for posting events just outside the mailbox station.

Everyone goes to the mailbox and sees what's happening.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
valleybrook, wine, glasses, message, private

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.