Online Golf Tee Time System

Old 09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Default Online Golf Tee Time System

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm confused. We just moved in last week and had been using the wi-fi at the rec center. There we had access to the golf tee time system using our ID and Pin. Since we now have dsl here at home, we cannot access the tee time system. It says our ID and pin are invalid. So...my question is, do we need to pay for The Villages.net in order to have this access? Since no one ever told us that is a requirement, I don't know if there is another way in or not. Seems like $8.00 a month is a stiff price to pay just to get tee times???

Old 09-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Gold member

you can use the phone system for free or pay the $8.00, as I understand it. We're just moving here too, after renting our place out since we bought it. I understand it's a lot easier to pick up last minute tee times without calling each course if you get the on-line access. Can others tell us if there are any other great advantages?

Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Eternal Member

Yes - it is 8.00 a month to use the online Tee Time system. It is well worth the price if you play a lot of golf and schedule tee times. You can call the villages.net at 753-4040 or go to www.thevillages.net and download the pdf application to register for the online the time system. I let them deduct the charge monthly from a credit card.

The other option is to use the antiquated telephone system. It works but it is not an easy process.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl View Post
you can use the phone system for free or pay the $8.00, as I understand it. We're just moving here too, after renting our place out since we bought it. I understand it's a lot easier to pick up last minute tee times without calling each course if you get the on-line access. Can others tell us if there are any other great advantages?
You nailed it. On line is faster and easier to use. You can debate all day whether $8.00 is too much or not enough but it is what it is.
You will still have to call the morning of to get open tee times or use the system the night before.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:16 AM

You may want to attend one of the Good Golf School sessions held a couple of times per month at the Colony Cottage Rec Center.

In addition to about a 1 hr. presentation from one of the teaching pros on basic golf etiquette, the Championship and Executive course tournaments, their sophisticated watering system, etc., there is follow-up presentation on TV's Tee Time system which includes its pluses and minuses along with what's going on behind the scenes with its point system.

I found it VERY informative.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Sage

I guess I'm surprised that the original poster, who did not previously have a paid villages.net account, was able to access the tee time system from a regional rec center. Yes, you can get to villages.net with the free wifi at the regional centers but I thought you had to have a paid subscription to the tee time system to access it.

I'm one of those who grumbles about the $8/month charge as it seems to generate excessive profits, but, alas, it is a great system and for one who golf 5 times a week, it is indispensable.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Default golf tee times

Thanks everyone for the helpful information!! Guess we're between a rock and a hard place!! Pay the money or deal with tee time frustrations!! Grrrr! To the person who was surprised that we could access the tee times from the rec center, I apologize. We never really tried that...we just were able to sign on & get the net using our ID # and pin, so I assumed we could have accessed the tee times. Thanks again!!

Old 09-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Attend the Villages New Owner Orientation.

My wife attend The Villages New Owner Orientation at which she received, among other welcoming gifts, a 3 month free trial to TheVillages.net GOLF Tee time System.

I believe I had to take a certificate to TheVillages.net office next to Urban Flats and sign up there.

After using the system free for 3 months, iI knew I couldn't go back to phone tee time, so now I am a paying customer.

It worked for them!
_

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.