Orange Blossum Golf course

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Default Orange Blossum Golf course

Why is this course in such bad shape compared to the others. Does the developer abandon them once a new section is opened. Do the fee not cover expenses. It makes me think that all courses will wind up in this condition.

I also played terra del sol and found the same questionable conditions.

Whats up.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:57 PM

I do not share your concern of the developer dropping the ball on all the courses. It has been dry lately and they have been doing a lot of maint. on a lot of the courses. I played Tiera del Sol last week and it was not great , but not terrible. Many of the greens have been sanded lately. Several months ago Sandhill (one of the newer courses) had MAJOR issues with conditions. I believe it was because of a temporary problem with the sprinkler system. Golf is a major part of TV. I have confidence in the developer. Stuff happens and I like to think the best of people and not make assumptions.

jeffy
Old 08-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Default Trust is good , planing is better

are there any plans to refurnish the older courses, OB needs it for sure
Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonfl View Post
Why is this course in such bad shape compared to the others. Does the developer abandon them once a new section is opened. Do the fee not cover expenses. It makes me think that all courses will wind up in this condition.

I also played terra del sol and found the same questionable conditions.

Whats up.
I played Orange Blossom Hills today with 3 other guys who live from Lopez to Cane Garden. Not one of us stated at the end of 18 holes that they felt it was in any different shape than any other course that we have played in The Villages. I feel that the courses in The Villages are in great shape. I commented that I thought Orange Blossom was in very good shape and all agreed.

I payed $16.00 for 18 holes as a priorty member and stated that it was a bargin compared to the $22.00 that I pay at Glenview, Cane Garden, Mallory Hill, and Havana. We had a 9:06 tee time and played in just under 4 hours and had a great time.

I have only played Orange Blossom Hills once before and found it to be in better condition than I thought it was in January when I played it before. I don't play Orange Blossom only because I would drive past 5 courses to get there, all are courses that I enjoy playing. What a great problem to have. I have lived in The Villages full time for 3 years and owned here for 5 years. I feel that the courses in The Villages are in very good condition.

When you state that they are in bad condition what exactly are you talking about your statement is very general. Are you talking about the greens, the fairways or the rough. Plaease let us know what the areas are and what is wrong with each or all. What courses in the area are in better shape and where are the superior courses at compared to The Villages courses?

Perhaps you are more of a perfectionist than the foursome that I played with today.

Last edited by Indy-Guy; 08-13-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:35 AM
Veteran member

Indy, I agree. Your reply is right on.....................
Old 08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Default Golf Course Conditions

I played Orange Blossom and Tierra many times last winter and found them to be in better shape than most of the other courses.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Default i guess im wrong

its not the first time.

But i really thought ( and worried about) the off the fairway grass conditions. The grass was not in the same condition as the other courses I had a chance to play. ( Havanana, Cane, and Palmer).

I stand corrected.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonfl View Post
its not the first time.

But i really thought ( and worried about) the off the fairway grass conditions. The grass was not in the same condition as the other courses I had a chance to play. ( Havanana, Cane, and Palmer).

I stand corrected.
Your OK with me and I hope I did't come on to strong.

One thing about here this time of the year is if we have a couple of good rains the course conditions can change in one day quite a bite. I just drove to Sumter Landing and drove past Cane Garden and Mallory the green grass was very much more than it was yesterday before the rains that we have had in the last 36 hours. A couple of good rains can make a great difference. A couple of days with no rain and this hot sun can dry our a course even with the watering that they do.

Enjoy the great courses that we have.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Go play Marion Oaks and get your free hybrid.......then tell me that OB or any Villages course is in bad shape.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Platinum member

Bogie --- I was going to post the same response.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Go play Marion Oaks and get your free hybrid.......then tell me that OB or any Villages course is in bad shape.
I have not played any courses outside TV yet except for Baseline which was in beautiful condition. What condition is Marion Oaks, Stonecrest and Spruce Creek and others?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.