Our Offer Was Accepted!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Smile Our Offer Was Accepted!!!!

So excited - our offer was accepted!! We will be part-time Villagers for now and look forward to the day when we are full-time Villagers! Our home is in Sabal Chase, we should be closing in a few weeks! Any and all suggestions are welcome! We need to know everything from lawn maintenance to trash pick up to when to run the sprinklers!! Help!!! LOL!!! Also, any recommendations for a rental/management company?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joycenemetz View Post
So excited - our offer was accepted!! We will be part-time Villagers for now and look forward to the day when we are full-time Villagers! Our home is in Sabal Chase, we should be closing in a few weeks! Any and all suggestions are welcome! We need to know everything from lawn maintenance to trash pick up to when to run the sprinklers!! Help!!! LOL!!! Also, any recommendations for a rental/management company?
Hi Joyce,

Welcome - I seem to be saying this a lot lately.

I would start with ZCaveman's "Nuts & Bolts. At the main forum page, you will find it if you scroll all the way to the bottom.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 AM

Congratulations! Sabal Chase is a great location. We use thevillages4rent.com for renting and villagershomewatch.com for management- both have proven to be excellent services. We've found our monthly expenses as absentee owners (we save Jan for ourselves) to be about $1000. for a 2000 sq ft designer. This includes lawn care, Golf cart & homeowners insurance, management, Comcast triple play, elec, gas, water, sewer, irrigation, trash, amenity fees, and RE taxes. Does not include bond or mortgage payments. We charge the tenants a cleaning fee in addition to the rent. Hope this info is helpful!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 AM

Thank you! All info is helpful and appreciated! Can't wait for this adventure to begin! I've already contacted Villagers Home Watch - and will meet with them when we come down for the closing. Any suggestions on contacts for lawn maintenance?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Default Sabel Chase

Did you see there is someone looking to rent a home in Sabel Chase under today's posts?

Here's what the add reads:

Three adults and one 10-year old girl looking to rent a Ranch or Designer in Sabal Chase for one week in July or August---no villas please. We've rented many times in The Villages and would like to try Sabal Chase this time. Thank you.

My husband is in the villages right now looking to purchase a home. Wish we could find one.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Sage

Joyce,
What exciting news! I'm so happy for you.

Here's a link to the Nuts & Bolts section Katezbox recommended. Great recommendation, btw.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 PM

We were in The Villages Jan-March this year, constantly looking and going to open houses. Loved the home we finally decided on, but were not 100% sure about taking the leap. Decided that when we got home, if we still wanted to buy, that we would. Were were only home 2 days when I called the realtor. This is our dream home - we will be back in May for our closing and to shop for furniture. I only wish we could be permanent Villagers, but are a few years away. Good luck to you - I hope you find your dream home!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM

Thank you Pturner! I found the Nuts & Bolts section - great info!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:38 PM

Wow! I'm so happy for you! Great news!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Thank you! All info is helpful and appreciated! Can't wait for this adventure to begin! I've already contacted Villagers Home Watch - and will meet with them when we come down for the closing. Any suggestions on contacts for lawn maintenance?
Appears from their website that Villagers Home Watch is NOT a management company, but a homewatch and maintenance company. All good, but don't think they take care of leases, advertising, etc. You can do that on your own, as I did for 4 years before moving down, or you can hire a full service management co., such as J.D. Management Co. or The Villages Property Management. You pay a hefty fee but have less work. I don't think, however, that you can use your own house between Jan-March with The Villages, and also have to pay a fee per night to stay there. I think various outside real estate companies have rental divisions also.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Hi Billyg! We will be down in May for our closing and to buy furniture. I don't know how long I'll be able to stay, but the hubby is thinking of staying a few weeks. I will call you - we will have to get together!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 AM

I know - The Villages Management is out - we will be there during the prime months + until we get it completely furnished, we will not be renting. When we do rent, I think we will use thevillages4rent.com. Thank you everyone for all the welcomes - I can't wait to be a Villager!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
I know - The Villages Management is out - we will be there during the prime months + until we get it completely furnished, we will not be renting. When we do rent, I think we will use thevillages4rent.com. Thank you everyone for all the welcomes - I can't wait to be a Villager!
to TOTV.

It's so exciting to hear of people becoming TV'ers.

Best Wishes with new home and lifestyle.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Default Hey Joyce

We will just miss eachother. We head north on May 1st.
See you next year!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:

That is wonderful!!! Congrats.
WE'VE used J&D Management Agency and they were great. Ask for Tom Jones (yes, that IS his real name)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.