Party and duplicate bridge

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.
Default Party and duplicate bridge

I would like to know whether there are any party bridge games that newcomers can participate in at one of the rec centers.

Regarding duplicate bridge, do all participants arrive in pairs or can an individual attend and hope to play with someone who doesn't have a partner?

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

You can play bridge daily -- sometimes even twice a day -- both party and dupe. Check the rec guide in Thursday's Daily Sun for a complete list. Occasionally, you can find a partner for duplicate by just showing up but that's rare. However, we have two great women manning the partnership desks. Maria Guenther for 399 MPs and under (352-753-0376) and Joanie Colbert for Open (352-430-3503). The website is Villages Duplicate Bridge Club, Florida. The vast majority play two over one but there are couple of SAYC players, at least four precision players and now that the snowbirds are coming back, a couple of Acol players.

If you're uncomfortable calling for dupe (sorry, I don't play party -- just have to bid my hand, not score), PM me and we can probably arrange to play a game or two.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.