Please educate me about golf carts!

Old 02-15-2024, 05:33 PM
Loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
Gas-powered are more popular in The Villages by a wide margin as The Villages is huge and the range of electric carts is seen as limited (though that's not totally fair with modern electric carts).

One or two-bench seats? For me, the proper answer is "none". Two bench-seats means either having one mounted in the rear of the cart where passengers face the rear while riding or having a longer cart with the second row of seating facing forward. Neither are ideal. Nobody likes to ride facing the rear and they end up uncomfortably twisting around to see the front and talk to the passengers in the front. And standard golf carts really aren't built to handle the weight of four adults. The longer carts with two proper rows of seating are longer (duh!), can't park perpindicularly into parallel parking spots (which is how you park normal golf carts), are substantially more expensive and you'll probably rarely use the second row of seating. A lot of us prefer to have a cart that just comfortably seats 2 and then renting one of those longer, twin-rows-of-seating carts on the comparatively rare occaisions that you need one.

So why not a single bench seat? I know I was originally going that route as it'll save you close to $2,000 over the fancier bucket seats. I sat in a bench seat when I was shopping for our cart and it was just fine. Then I sat in one of the nicer, bucket-style seats and it WAS SO MUCH BETTER! It had WAY better seat cushioning, WAY better lumbar support, WAY more comfortable outer arm rests (as well as inner arm rests) and the driver seat was adjustable so my wife (who is not all that tall) could slide it forward and not have to use those stupid, strap-on pedal extensions.

Your mileage may vary. Offer not legal in all states. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Some assembly required. Do not take my advice if you are allergic to my advice. See your doctor if your erection lasts longer than three hours.
Omg you are so funny! I just had to tell you I enjoyed your post...

Tags
golf, carts, benches, plug, night

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.