POD and painted driveway

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2023, 06:19 AM
Default POD and painted driveway

We are moving to our new home in October. We’re having a POD delivered to our driveway. When delivered, it’s set in one place and then picked straight up. It dawned on me that maybe it would damage our driveway. Does anyone have experience with a POD and a painted driveway?
Old 09-06-2023, 06:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

I had a POD on a brick drive. I had some 1X 6" pine boards cut at Lowes placed under the four contact points, no scratches at all.
Old 09-06-2023, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilegood View Post
We are moving to our new home in October. We’re having a POD delivered to our driveway. When delivered, it’s set in one place and then picked straight up. It dawned on me that maybe it would damage our driveway. Does anyone have experience with a POD and a painted driveway?
We just did it in Newell. We had a upack box put in our newly stained driveway. The driver was great, he put some rags and cardboard under the contact spots. No marks at all.
Old 09-06-2023, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,195 Times in 2,268 Posts

Neighbor ended up with tire tracks on the driveway, not sure why, I do not recall any other marks.
Old 09-06-2023, 12:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,608 Times in 582 Posts

Truck for pods stays on the road. A hanger on wheels, brings pod into drive. Would not deliver on our drive because it was layered texture. Paint not a problem. So tarp & plywood had to be brought in to set pod on.
Old 09-06-2023, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,195 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Truck for pods stays on the road. A hanger on wheels, brings pod into drive. Would not deliver on our drive because it was layered texture. Paint not a problem. So tarp & plywood had to be brought in to set pod on.
Yes, as I recall it was the hanger that left the tire marks, by the way the neighbor did eventually get rid of the marks, not sure if they faded, or power washed, or something else.
Old 09-07-2023, 06:34 AM
Veteran member

When I moved here my POD was delivered to my driveway. While mine wasn’t painted, the delivery was flawless. I am confident that they will take extra care with your painted driveway by putting something down to protect it before placing it. They are a great easy to move. Welcome
Old 09-07-2023, 06:37 AM

Quote:
We had a pod delivered on our painted driveway and left there for a few days and no problem
Old 09-07-2023, 06:50 AM
Default Try this

Buy 4 cheap rubber door mats and set them and pieces of scrap 2x8 under the POD legs. Won’t scratch your driveway.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:05 AM

Give them a call and let us know what you find out. It's odd they don't mention if their containers have rubber feet or not. I wanted to use PODS but needed the middle size container. PODS doesn't ship the middle size box inter-state though so we went with two Uhaul Uboxes. Those worked great. Zero breakage. Over 1000 miles and 3 months of storage was around $3500. The boxes were placed in our driveway with a forklift and the doors facing our garage for easy unloading. The boxes have rubber feet which did not leave any damage. Like others you can always cut up an old rubber floor mat ahead of time and be ready.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Put down plywood
Old 09-07-2023, 02:43 PM

Our neighbor had it put in the street one morning and then picked up the next day. No problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
driveway, pod, delivered, painted, damage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.