Pot Holes

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Pot Holes

Recently I have noticed several potholes on Morse Blvd. between lake Sumter bridge and 466A. Several potholes were filled a couple weeks ago but already need filled again. Others have been made the last few days and have not been filled with temporary asphalt.

Nobody is Likely to lose a tire or anything on their car by hitting one of these potholes but a Motorcycle or a bicycle should be careful not to lose control as they drive this stretch of Morse Blvd.

Sumter County knows about the problem but has yet to permanently deal with it. In almost 10 years of living in The Villages, I have not seen a major road with an issue like this. Hopefully, it will be addressed soon before an unsightly stretch of Morse Blvd. turns much worse and causes a serious accident or damage to personal property.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

There are also pot holes on BV down by 466A, and several on 466A between BV and Morse. first time in four years we've seen a pot hole!
Old 02-15-2016, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Yes, it is interesting that these are cropping up now. I wonder if "lowest bidder" syndrome is setting in..........
Old 02-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Gold member

More likely than lowest bidder is that it just takes time to get things rolling....patience, I thought, would have been common amongst those who have experienced so much in life. Apparently with the internet chat rooms/forums those who have very little patience must always voice their complaints before checking into when it might be done with those doing the work. Then posting the problem and solution so that if it's unsatisfactory might be addressed responsibly. No such luck.

For some folks it seems whining has become a very large part of their lives and knowing that misery loves company attract like minded complainers to chime in on every little incident. There was a time when holding your tongue unless it was truly important was considered a virtue. Now the tongues are flapping full time. What a shame. The internet is the backyard fence of the gossips and purveyors of misery. Oh whoa is you. :-)
Old 02-15-2016, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Yes, it is interesting that these are cropping up now. I wonder if "lowest bidder" syndrome is setting in..........
I hope not. These "lesions in the pavement" really need to be kept up with otherwise they will turn into full blown bone-jarring, damage causing potholes. It really would be a big shame for everything to be as well kept as it is and vehicles start having to dodge those tacky things.

Come on, Sumter County Road Dept., get with the repair program.......
Old 02-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
More likely than lowest bidder is that it just takes time to get things rolling....patience, I thought, would have been common amongst those who have experienced so much in life. Apparently with the internet chat rooms/forums those who have very little patience must always voice their complaints before checking into when it might be done with those doing the work. Then posting the problem and solution so that if it's unsatisfactory might be addressed responsibly. No such luck.

For some folks it seems whining has become a very large part of their lives and knowing that misery loves company attract like minded complainers to chime in on every little incident. There was a time when holding your tongue unless it was truly important was considered a virtue. Now the tongues are flapping full time. What a shame. The internet is the backyard fence of the gossips and purveyors of misery. Oh whoa is you. :-)
Those damn holes in the road on the right turn lane on BV turning onto 466a have been there several months; squeaky wheels get the grease; that's how things have evolved into these days. In the last 10 years prior to here I lived in IL. and MO. and the road crews there jumped all over road conditions before they got out of hand and people started raising hell.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Yup I would be thinking the same thing send those old boy's over to Lowes and buy some bags of blacktop patch and fill them holes. It's a little more involved than that for it to be done correctly. The difference between the inferno that is your summer and the prolong cool weather now makes previous patches pop like a tooth filling. If the material is not extremely hot when applied and tamped or rolled then the patch won't last long. If you see them using cold patch its a homeowner job at best. I rest my case. Road departments prioritize job's so if you don't cry you don't get capiche?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

For all you whiners. Posting on here will not get the job done or get answers to when the road will be fixed.
Call here and complain..................
Public Works Division | Sumter County, FL - Official Website
Old 02-16-2016, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
For all you whiners. Posting on here will not get the job done or get answers to when the road will be fixed.
Call here and complain..................
Public Works Division | Sumter County, FL - Official Website
Go to the ENGINEERING TAB, then at the bottom, the REPORT A CONCERN.

Boogie Shooter, thank you for the link, my complaint went in this morning.
VT
Old 02-16-2016, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Pot kettle, eh?
Closed Thread

Tags
filled, potholes, blvd, morse, stretch, sumter, lose, years, county, deal, problem, living, permanently, worse, turns, serious, accident, property, personal, damage, unsightly, issue, road, major, drive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.