Which Premier Model and Reasons Why?

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Gold member
Default Which Premier Model and Reasons Why?

We are back this Thurs. through Sunday looking at Premiers; both new and resale.

Is there any 1 particular model that stands out in your mind?

2+ car garage is a must.

Gracie mentioned her Seabrook and that is a very nice home and layout.

We like the Seabrook, St. Charles, Sunberry, Sanibel and Natchez models.

Something in the 2500-3200 sf range.

How about you?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Sage
Default Which model??

Keith, All of those look to be beautiful homes. I'm not trying to be a smarty Pants but most who live in The Villages are retiring or retired. What does one do with all of that square footage? The rooms are beautiful and so much space! We looked at the Nanchez and knew it would just be too much space for us. The homes you are looking at are Premiere Homes, not Designer. I'd be happy in any of them!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
We are back this Thurs. through Sunday looking at Premiers; both new and resale.

2+ car garage is a must.

How about you?

We like the Grandview...............go for it
Old 01-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Veteran member

You are correct in requiring a golf cart garage. But, with that class of home be sure the golf cart garage has room for 2 carts (ie should be at least 18 feet deep, a regular cart is appprox 4' X 8', add at least another foot for a 4 seater or fancy custom). In that class of home a full 3 car garage is even better, especially if you bring a toy or two with you (your picture seems to show one). Watch out for short garages in some of the homes built a few years ago. I would not recommend anything less than 24 feet deep. That will give you a foot behind your car, 2-3' in front and 3 more feet for a work bench, storage shelves and a utility sink/tub in front.

We are friends with 2 couples who own in 2 of the premier neighborhoods with expansive lots. They love the wide open spaces, until they get the monthly irrigation, lawn maintenance and fertilization bills, especially when they only really "see" the front and back portions of their yards.

After 3 years, one of the couples is considering downsizing because they are really only using half the living space in their home. Two of the rooms have never been used; a bedroom, except once for grand kids, and the formal living room.

I suggest you tour resales extensively to see how people actually are using the floor space in the different basic floor plans. After visiting a few of each model you will develop a better idea of which models really have a livable floorplan and which models are big just to be big.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Keith, All of those look to be beautiful homes. I'm not trying to be a smarty Pants but most who live in The Villages are retiring or retired. What does one do with all of that square footage? The rooms are beautiful and so much space! We looked at the Nanchez and knew it would just be too much space for us. The homes you are looking at are Premiere Homes, not Designer. I'd be happy in any of them!
Different strokes for different folks.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default ours is a La Paloma

Quote:

2+ car garage is a must.

How about you?
3 bedroom, 3 bath....Not sure if they make this model anymore but you might be able to find in a resale....Absolutely love it....The third bedroom is a "mother-in-law" suite (most of our guests like this room because it is so private), instead of a lanai, we have a courtyard with a fountain in the middle, and a tiled roof (life-time roof unless a hurricane comes thru, Ugh!)....this house is about 1/3 the size home we left in NC, and LOVE not being a slave to this house which gives us tons of time for GOLF!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I have to agree,when i first looked in TV, i was looking at Premier homes,they are outstanding.Made an offer on 3800 sq.ft pre-owned.,luckily they turned it down.I realized,with the help of my lovely girlfriend, that we didn't need 4 bedrooms with 3 baths and 3800sq.ft.I purchased a 2600 sq.ft Designer on a corner lot and could not be happier.I love my home, village, and our neighbors,they are the very best, it's like a large extended family.Good luck with your search and home selection.You are buying into a lifestyle that cannot be beat.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
You are correct in requiring a golf cart garage. But, with that class of home be sure the golf cart garage has room for 2 carts (ie should be at least 18 feet deep, a regular cart is appprox 4' X 8', add at least another foot for a 4 seater or fancy custom). In that class of home a full 3 car garage is even better, especially if you bring a toy or two with you (your picture seems to show one). Watch out for short garages in some of the homes built a few years ago. I would not recommend anything less than 24 feet deep. That will give you a foot behind your car, 2-3' in front and 3 more feet for a work bench, storage shelves and a utility sink/tub in front.

We are friends with 2 couples who own in 2 of the premier neighborhoods with expansive lots. They love the wide open spaces, until they get the monthly irrigation, lawn maintenance and fertilization bills, especially when they only really "see" the front and back portions of their yards.

After 3 years, one of the couples is considering downsizing because they are really only using half the living space in their home. Two of the rooms have never been used; a bedroom, except once for grand kids, and the formal living room.

I suggest you tour resales extensively to see how people actually are using the floor space in the different basic floor plans. After visiting a few of each model you will develop a better idea of which models really have a livable floorplan and which models are big just to be big.
Which model do your friends have?
Which Village?
Any interest in selling?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Veteran member

To bad they dont build to suit because we built a designer in 05 and added on and it is as big as some premiers but for half the price. Added on to the back and the garage. Master bdrm is 24X16 good size.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Which model do your friends have?
Which Village?
Any interest in selling?
Please refer to a PM I sent you
Old 03-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Gold member

We have purchased a lot and will be going with our 1st choice the Sanibel.
With 2 cars and a future golf cart we are going for a 3 car garage with 2 feet extension rather than 2+ and deleting the optional pool bath we first thought we would want which will save around $16K.
Tradeoffs.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:29 PM

We decided on a Designer, but the Premiers are lovely too. Enjoy your life here in The Villages, it will be a grand experience even if ou lived in a Villa, Cottage, Manufactured home or residential care. The people are amazing human beings.

Welcome.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Veteran member

Here is a listing that has one of those mother-in-law suites.....

2084 Palo Alto Ave The Villages FL - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #G4679310 - Realtor.com®

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.