Preparing for Retirement and The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 AM
Sage

We used the relocation service provided by TV. The RE agent was outstanding (house sold in 8 days), and the mover was by far the least expensive option plus the extra insurance was free for the whole load ($600 normally).
Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Gold member
Default Relo

I did not use the relo service for three years. Nothing on our home sale. I knew the price would have to b edropped to " Make you sick! stage but out other agents were doing that.

Went with the village Relo service and the home was sold in 6 months.

I think they market it better.

Also downsizing is terrible. Bill one thing that is great about being a snow bird. You get to keep your toys and stuff. LOL

H
Old 04-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio

Wishing I was there..

My husband retired last October, but I still have at least 2 more years before I can retire, too. We visited TV in March and fell in love with it. We are 99% sure that we will be moving there after I also retire. Right now we have two Labrador Retrievers and a Bichon. I have heard that there is a 2 dog limit. Do they ever make exceptions to that rule. And is there a rule on the size the dogs can be. Ours are 95, 65, and 12.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Default Thanks

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Sure wish there had been more positive feedback about the medical facilities, but I guess if we aren't satisfied with what's close to TV, we'll have plenty of time on our hands to expand our search. We keep thinking the best Rx we could get will be the move to TV.

Hubby wanted me to ask what you recommend for a golf cart - gas or electric?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Sage

That depends how you feel about your carbon footprint if you don't care get gas.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
.....Also downsizing is terrible. Bill one thing that is great about being a snow bird. You get to keep your toys and stuff. LOL

H
Even though we weren't downsizing per se when we moved into a different home here in Ahia over 3 years ago, we sifted through each and every thing we had and tossed, sold, or gave away so much of it when we moved! We're trying to continue that trend in hopes of being able to make it down to TV as frogs at some point in the future - a lot of the 'toys and stuff' have already "left the building"! That f/t move to TV will be a tough one - we will truly have to downsize then.

Bill
Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
That depends how you feel about your carbon footprint if you don't care get gas.
Do you really feel it's completely that black-and-white, jimbo?

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.