"Prism" for TV and internet

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Question "Prism" for TV and internet

We just bought a courtyard villa in the village of Hadley. I called Clearlink to inquire about TV and internet service and was told that Prism 'might' be an option. They were unable to say for sure if it was available in my area.
Can anyone tell me if they have that particular service, or know anything more about it?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:26 AM

They have been advertising in this area a lot. It's astonishing that the telephone rep was unable to tell you if our area has this program. The fact that your conversation with them included the thought that Prism "might" be available should be an indicator of the level of customer service you "might" receive.

I don't mean to sound cynical. Perhaps it's just Sunday morning syndrome.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Platinum member

My sister in Virginia Trace has had Prism for three months, and they're happy with the service. They originally described Prism to me as fibre optic service but that's not completely accurate. It's fibre optic only to the postal mail station, and then "copper" from the mail station to your home. It's not going to give you the blazing internet speed that Verizon's FIOS would give you but I'll bet it will begin to pressure Comcast to upgrade it's service in the area.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

If you have “fiber-to-the-premises” (my house does, built a couple of months ago), then Prism TV is not yet available. CenturyLink tells me it will be about 6 months before they support Prism TV in fiber-to-the-premises. However, internet is available in fiber-to-the-premises homes through CenturyLink.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Sage

Interesting... Skybo, what village and street is your house?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Interesting... Skybo, what village and street is your house?
I'm in Tamarind Grove on Montbrook.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Sage

I've called them twice. Two days ago they said they would call me back that day. No call yet (even though she PROMISED to call by EOD).

I'm going with Comcast for the two year agreement and then...
Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
I'm in Tamarind Grove on Montbrook.
Cool, cuz I'm in TG on Ansley Path.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:08 AM
Sage

A couple of weeks ago we went to the Century Link office and talked with a rep about Prism. It's not available yet in all areas and in our particular area, High Definition isn't yet available. Takes a while to get a new system up and running.

Why is it when we move here, we think that all new things should be available at the time advertising starts for the new service? I know this area is magical, but it's not quite that magical... Remember that you have only 4 feeds coming into your house, and only 2 are high def. Not generally a problem for most families, but if you record a couple of programs at the same time, and both are on high def channels, you'll only be able to use the standard def feeds till the high def feeds are free.
If watching a high def and recording a high def, then other tv's have only standard def....and if for some reason, all 4 feeds are being used, in whatever combination (recording, watching) then no feeds are available for use. Maybe some have fewer tv's than others and this won't be a problem. At my house, it could be...
Old 07-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

We have it and we live between Malory and 466A... We've had it since early in June and so far really like it. We'd had DirecTv before for about 15 years and liked that too except when the weather would knock it off. Now we can watch t.v. uninterrupted plus have our landline and internet through them as well. Not sure yet the cost due to the rebates and having discounts due to friends and neighbor's hooking up under us!! We think it'll be a great deal though.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.