Property Management in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Default Property Management in The Villages

I am new to this whole renting my house out. I will be renting my house while I return up north. I might only come down a month or so out of the year. My neighbors down the road use VIR to rent their home and love them. They said their house this year and last year was rented the entire summer by different renters and said they are great. I have not heard about many other property management companies. Would love to hear other villagers feedback and experiences.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Platinum member

I think VIR takes a 15 or 18 percent cut of your rental income and you have to pay them when you stay in your own house. Maybe check and see for sure.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:48 AM
Sage

Call Dee Parson at 352-630-3190. She can give you all the information on managing your home with rentals. Or you can email her at letdeedoit4u@yahoo.com
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 09-18-2015, 05:08 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Property Management

We manage homes when the owners find tenants themselves. We have a home assurance program that works very well when owners rent out their homes. It's a flat fee service and we take care of all the maintenance issues or any problems your tenants may have. Just another option homeowners have here in the Villages. Check out our services at Villageshomepros.com
Old 09-18-2015, 07:48 AM

When we first moved here we rented a home from Tom Jones at JD&V Property Management. I have no idea what they charge, but Tom was great to work with.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:50 PM

We've be using The Villages Hometown Property Mgmt for two years. So, far all has been good. No issues.

They do require 20% of rental income, but we find that ok since we don't have to do anything..

You can find cheaper rates, but we are comfortable with TVHPM..

We plan on keeping our current house and rent it out and have it for guests.
And will buy another for ourselves. Then we will rent the house out ourselves using VBRO.

Best Regards,
Dave & Jan
Old 09-19-2015, 05:57 PM

JD&V Property management
Old 09-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Smile

Another vote for JD&V. They did a great job for us!
Old 09-20-2015, 07:53 PM

JD& V Property Management --ask for Jackie Kelley
Old 09-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Default J D & V Property Management

We just rented our new home from Jackie Kelley at JD&V this past week. Jackie went out of her way to find us what we wanted and even showed us the home at 8PM after we arrived in The Villages. We were going to stay the week at he Holiday Inn Express but Jackie rented us a villa that worked out fine and even found a golf cart rental for us. Don't know what they charge owners but their service is great.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:42 AM

We tried to get with JD&V early 2015 but they were only accepting long-term rentals and those where the owners would commit to allowing them to rent out for the entire winter season. We wanted to come down for a month in the winter. We ended up with a different management company and they have been a nightmare. JD&V came highly recommended from a trusted source. Wish we could have gone with them. Anyone recommend someone else?
Old 01-07-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I think VIR takes a 15 or 18 percent cut of your rental income and you have to pay them when you stay in your own house. Maybe check and see for sure.
VIR charges us 18% plus a 10% booking fee for a total of 28%.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowflakeinDeLaVista View Post
We tried to get with JD&V early 2015 but they were only accepting long-term rentals and those where the owners would commit to allowing them to rent out for the entire winter season. We wanted to come down for a month in the winter. We ended up with a different management company and they have been a nightmare. JD&V came highly recommended from a trusted source. Wish we could have gone with them. Anyone recommend someone else?
Gosh, that is news to me!

I've been renting my home out as a long term rental through JD&V Property Management since May, 2012. Lois Johnson is my property manager.

Since Mom and I rent out our home, we have to rent when we go to The Villages. I usually rent a villa that is in JD&V's short term program for two weeks.

Last month, my tenants asked if I was going to renew their lease (which is up in March) or if they needed to start looking! I asked Lois if I could put my home in the short-term program and she indicated that I could. Of course, I would have to furnish my home and pay for all utilities.

We decided to keep our home in the long term rental program with a month-to-month lease with 60 days notice by either party.

Last edited by Sable99; 01-07-2016 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveersk View Post
We've be using The Villages Hometown Property Mgmt for two years. So, far all has been good. No issues.

They do require 20% of rental income, but we find that ok since we don't have to do anything..

You can find cheaper rates, but we are comfortable with TVHPM..

We plan on keeping our current house and rent it out and have it for guests.
And will buy another for ourselves. Then we will rent the house out ourselves using VBRO.

Best Regards,
Dave & Jan

I concur. We used TVHTPM for 4 years to rent our place before we moved down. They did a great job. We never had to worry. They kept the place rented and told us when an item needed maintenance (clean the carpets, have the bushes trimmed, powerwash, etc). I highly recommend them.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:27 AM

Did you get any recommendations? I also need a property management company and am looking at down home property management. Have you heard of them or any comments about them?
Closed Thread

Tags
house, year, property, management, love, renting, summer, entire, rented, heard, companies, hear, villagers, experiences, feedback, great, renters, road, return, north, villages, neighbors, vir, rent, month

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.