Question for RV'ers

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Wink Question for RV'ers

Hi everyone, We will be arriving inTV end of next month for 2 weeks to take another look around. We have a 20ft rv that we will have to store. Are there storage facilities at TV and are they available for renters or do you have to be an owner? What is the nicest, closest campground near TV in case we arrive a day or 2 early? Thanks in advance, Donna
Old 09-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Smile RV

Closest & nicest is Recreation Plantation.
Google it.

Tony
Old 09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Default RV Storage

The Villages operates two large RV storage areas. Both are excellent. They are blacktopped, fenced in with security card to enter, lighted, and patrolled. The one off Rolling Acres Rd behind The Villages woodworking shop, where I keep mine, is golf cart accessible. Monthly rent is very reasonable. The problem is there is a waiting list. It took me over six months on the waiting list. In the meantime, there are several RV storage places in the area.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Default RV stoarge

Hi RayB,
You mentioned the Villages operates 2 storage areas and there is a waiting list. How do I get on the waiting list? Where exactly are these facilities? I went to the TVRVC website no mention of any storage availability. I currently am using the Blue Parrot campground for storing my motorhome and its not the best. I pay $35 a month +tax. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken
Old 09-12-2009, 12:27 PM
anyexit

The RV Storage is operated by Community Watch. Just call them and tell them your information and that you want to be put on the waiting list. I'm pretty sure the charge is $40 a month for a 40 foot motor home and it's charged directly to the Amenities and Utilities bill. From what I gather, you pay the fee year round unless you want to take a chance with being back on the waiting list.

We've been on the list since January 2009 and as of May we were on page 3. It looks like I'll probably be storing it somewhere else this winter!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:52 PM

Storage at Recreation Plantation is a good deal at $40 per month. They don't prorate, so you will have to pay for one month. It is expensive to stay there since they don't offer a summer rate. It is convenient. We stayed at Souther Oaks in Summerfield for two months while we waited to close on our house. The have a Passport America rate. It is about 10 miles north of The Villages.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:53 PM

Thanks your replies. Looking forward to coming down the month of November and taking our second look around. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Platinum member

Hi, I'm Mrs. RayB and was going to answer your question, but it looks like it has been answered well. We store ours on Rolling Acres near Recreation Plantation. Recreation Plantation sounds like a good temp deal until your name comes up on the wait list. The Villages storage area is just behind the Woodworking shop on Rolling Acres.
Tampa, FL

Last edited by Avista; 09-13-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:36 PM

I believe you can call the North Sumter Utility Co at 3201 Wedgewood Ln, or call 352-750-0000. It's actually managed and priced with your water bill.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Platinum member

We store ours on Duck Lane off Rolling Acres Rd. in Ft. Knox Storage. Recreation Plantation is a convenient place to stay, but before you store your RV there, check out the storage area. When we looked, we felt it was a bit "rustic" for our needs, but it may have been improved since then.

Ft. Knox is secure and totally paved. Their office is across 441 from Cracker Barrel, just north of SS.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeirishman View Post
Hi everyone, We will be arriving inTV end of next month for 2 weeks to take another look around. We have a 20ft rv that we will have to store. Are there storage facilities at TV and are they available for renters or do you have to be an owner? What is the nicest, closest campground near TV in case we arrive a day or 2 early? Thanks in advance, Donna
If you are going to be meeting with a TV sales person I would check with them. For two weeks they may let you park it in the Sales parking lot or refer to a place. Our salesperson took us to an RV storage facility in Oxford, just a few miles from TV, where we will probably store our 23' RV when we move in November. I think it is part of Oxford Self Storage on HWY 301.

We also stayed at Recreation Plantation when were were there last winter and it was great. Very close to TV. This time of year they may have a place for you to store it for 2 weeks especially since it is a small RV. Good Luck and have a GREAT TIME!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Default Another Vote for Recreation Plantation

We have stored our 40' Motorhome at Recreation Plantation for the last two years. No problems, and the people are very accommodating. We would highly recommend it .
Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
We store ours on Duck Lane off Rolling Acres Rd. in Ft. Knox Storage. Recreation Plantation is a convenient place to stay, but before you store your RV there, check out the storage area. When we looked, we felt it was a bit "rustic" for our needs, but it may have been improved since then.

Ft. Knox is secure and totally paved. Their office is across 441 from Cracker Barrel, just north of SS.

Do I have this correct:

The Ft Knox storage facility is off of Rolling Acres Rd (south of Spanish Springs)(SS)
The Ft Know office is on 441 across from Cracker Barrel just north of SS

What are their rates?
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Gold member

Ft. Knox Main number is (352) 750-4647

They have storage capability at both locations, but the one off Rolling Acres can handle RVs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.