Questions About Lifestyle Visit

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryCamlin View Post
I enjoy the activities too much to want to be in the South. Good luck.

FYI, I heard a rumor about some construction going on south of the turnpike.
Old 09-05-2022, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryCamlin View Post
Newbies beware. The lifestyle is reasonable and yes you get a brand new house. However, the goal of the Village Realtors is to sell you a new home. Right now they are pushing DeLuna but they will show you resale homes if you ask. I did this when I first arrived for my initial visit but ended up buying a for sale by owner property. My first visit I was put in the Atrium right next to Brownwood. It took 2 minutes to get to the square with shopping about the same distance. I have biked DeLuna it is far from all of the main activities. South of 44 is nice but you certainly do not have the amenities we have North of 44. For instance I have 5 pools, two Rec Centers in the Village of Gilchrist West within 2 miles. If I want to swim laps I have three sports pools within a mile. There is only one at Ezel for all of the homes in the southern area. Next you have one shopping center Magnolia for all of the South. I have 4 Publix's within 2 miles and most of my other shopping within 5 miles. You will have quite a distance to go to get to a Sam's Club or BJ's where most of the Shopping Centers are located. Same with Golf the mass of courses are in the Northern areas. Another caveat is to really see homes realize the Village Realtors will not show you any MLS listed homes (homes for sale by other Realtors) and Realtors cannot show you Village Owned listings. Many do not realize this when they come to buy. I now own 2 homes. My second I bought from the Villages in Duval. I use it as a rental. It is beautiful and is located where all of the action is complete with bikes, chairs for the square, golf cart etc. A week is really not enough time to even touch the surface of the homes available for sale here. Do your homework and you will find what is perfect for you. I enjoy the activities too much to want to be in the South. Good luck.
This has been debunked sooo many times. A sale, any sale, makes money for the salespeople...

The only reason you're hearing about DeLuna is because that's where all the new homes are. You can't buy a new home in most other villages. Soon, it'll be Richmond...

Plus, you've now started, yet another, my neighborhood is better than your neighborhood, north is better than the South war...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-06-2022, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
This has been debunked sooo many times. A sale, any sale, makes money for the salespeople...

The only reason you're hearing about DeLuna is because that's where all the new homes are. You can't buy a new home in most other villages. Soon, it'll be Richmond...

Plus, you've now started, yet another, my neighborhood is better than your neighborhood, north is better than the South war...
Thank you!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, great, lifestyle, read, sounds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.