Questions About Lifestyle Visit

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2022, 09:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
I have been looking extensively into the Villages for quite a while now and really want to visit and feel it is a great place for retirees. My DH has agreed to do a lifestyle visit. Because I really want to buy a winter home there, I want to make our lifestyle visit interesting and fun so I can get him onboard. All I have read about LS visits is people driving around in a golf cart trying to figure out the lay of the land and visiting the different areas and rec centers, etc. I am wondering if I can set up things beforehand or even when we get there. We don't golf but my husband goes to the gym 6 days a week so would like to visit a state of the art gym. He loves music, so I am sure the nightly concerts would be great. He especially likes doo wop music if that makes a difference. I would be interested in trying out pickle ball. We have never played but are in good shape but I don't know how you go about it. Do you make reservations? I heard that it is very competitive but are there just pickup games for beginners? He's not a swimmer but I love water aerobics. Bocce sounds fun too. Bike riding sounds great also. I know there are many clubs but with only a one week visit, probably not doable or practical. We are coming in early December if that makes a difference in the activities. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and answer my post and I am looking forward to visiting the Villages and ultimately buying a home there.
Go to the top of this page, click on Entertainment, drag down to Clubs, then spend a few hours reviewing the some 2000 registered clubs here, most of which meet at recreation centers. You could even print out the pages of the ones you like and make a notebook. You won’t get to visit many of them, but that should be enough to whet your appetite. What you end up doing if you move here may be quite different from what you thought you would be doing. For example, maybe you thought you would be playing pickle ball, but instead you get immersed in pool volleyball or some card game.

I don’t golf, but I enjoy driving past the many golf courses. It’s like driving through a park.
Old 08-29-2022, 11:15 AM

Here is a list of all of the activities by Center and by hour. Big participation rates at the Regional Rec centers (Ezell, Eisenhower, Colony Cottage, Seabreeze) for pickleball, water volleyball, aerobics, etc. https://online.flippingbook.com/view/10419946/2/
Old 08-29-2022, 12:30 PM

Based on your post, you'll never regret a visit focused on buying. TV is absolutely the best game in the active, 55+ retirement community. You will find all that you want here!
Old 08-29-2022, 01:22 PM

The villages contact (sales.rep) can help you make pre arrangements. They can either be entirely hands off or very involved, depending on your wishes.
Old 08-29-2022, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

So from the OP original post, she would like to plan a fun filled trip to convince spouse to buy a winter home. First she needs to find activities that he will enjoy, places to eat that he would enjoy, visit town squares to see how much activity and interaction residents have.

Doubt one week will convince him to buy, but you never know.

So Op scout the restaurant menus, buy the newspaper to see all the town square entertainment you might enjoy. Go south, and enjoy the walking trails, stop by a few pools and relax. Don’t get discouraged if he isn’t won over this visit. But if he doesn’t want to return than regroup and try again in a year.

However explain to him if you did buy, you could rent out during high season, and recoup every dollar, except for all of your mortgage. Sometimes profit wins those on the fence over
Old 08-29-2022, 02:00 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

You will love The Villages… the key is to find your neighborhood…. The only suggestion is to Stay Away from the Turnpike..
Old 08-29-2022, 03:39 PM
Default One word of caution

[QUOTPamela1130;2130619]I have been looking extensively into the Villages for quite a while now and really want to visit and feel it is a great place for retirees. My DH has agreed to do a lifestyle visit. Because I really want to buy a winter home there, I want to make our lifestyle visit interesting and fun so I can get him onboard. All I have read about LS visits is people driving around in a golf cart trying to figure out the lay of the land and visiting the different areas and rec centers, etc. I am wondering if I can set up things beforehand or even when we get there. We don't golf but my husband goes to the gym 6 days a week so would like to visit a state of the art gym. He loves music, so I am sure the nightly concerts would be great. He especially likes doo wop music if that makes a difference. I would be interested in trying out pickle ball. We have never played but are in good shape but I don't know how you go about it. Do you make reservations? I heard that it is very competitive but are there just pickup games for beginners? He's not a swimmer but I love water aerobics. Bocce sounds fun too. Bike riding sounds great also. I know there are many clubs but with only a one week visit, probably not doable or practical. We are coming in early December if that makes a difference in the activities. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and answer my post and I am looking forward to visiting the Villages and ultimately buying a home there.[/QUOTE]

We have all experienced the time share and other gimmicks. When your village’s sales agent says call me for whatever. They are not going to call and harass you.
We had friends doing the life styles visit and after three days of not being contacted, they called. Wanting the sales agent to come and answer questions.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,520 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gullwing View Post

We have all experienced the time share and other gimmicks. When your village’s sales agent says call me for whatever. They are not going to call and harass you.
We had friends doing the life styles visit and after three days of not being contacted, they called. Wanting the sales agent to come and answer questions.
I recommend that you actually do make use of your sales rep. They'll set you up for visits to see houses if you want, or recommend places where you can find [insert favorite] food for dinner. They can tell you why some folks prefer the newer places, and others prefer the older places. Tip: they will always play up the positives, so save yourself time and don't ask for the downsides to different geographical locations. Their stock answer is: "everyone wants different things, every area has its own unique features."

They're also the ones to ask what a bond is, and why some ads say "no bond!" and others don't specify. They can show you a layout of general costs for new properties, and even new construction. And they can make suggestions based on your interests for events or amenities nearby that you can check out.
Old 08-29-2022, 05:32 PM

These are SOME of the discussions you should have with your Sales Representative. Thank can be a huge help if you ask and if you let them know what you are looking for!
Old 08-29-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Your Rep can arrange activities like intro to pickleball, gym, water aerobics, concerts at the Sharon, etc.
Thank you!
Old 08-29-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I recommend that you actually do make use of your sales rep. They'll set you up for visits to see houses if you want, or recommend places where you can find [insert favorite] food for dinner. They can tell you why some folks prefer the newer places, and others prefer the older places. Tip: they will always play up the positives, so save yourself time and don't ask for the downsides to different geographical locations. Their stock answer is: "everyone wants different things, every area has its own unique features."

They're also the ones to ask what a bond is, and why some ads say "no bond!" and others don't specify. They can show you a layout of general costs for new properties, and even new construction. And they can make suggestions based on your interests for events or amenities nearby that you can check out.
Great information. Thank you!
Old 08-29-2022, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Go to the top of this page, click on Entertainment, drag down to Clubs, then spend a few hours reviewing the some 2000 registered clubs here, most of which meet at recreation centers. You could even print out the pages of the ones you like and make a notebook. You won’t get to visit many of them, but that should be enough to whet your appetite. What you end up doing if you move here may be quite different from what you thought you would be doing. For example, maybe you thought you would be playing pickle ball, but instead you get immersed in pool volleyball or some card game.

I don’t golf, but I enjoy driving past the many golf courses. It’s like driving through a park.
So many choices!! Thank you!
Old 08-29-2022, 07:29 PM

Thank you!
Old 08-29-2022, 07:32 PM

Thank you! I'm wondering if I should even bring a car to the visit? Just use the golf cart. I don't plan on leaving the Villages for the week.
Old 08-29-2022, 07:33 PM

Yes, I need to find out about the bond. I'll put that in my notes. It would be great to find something where some of the bond is paid.
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, great, lifestyle, read, sounds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.