Are Re-manufactured Carts Really... Re-manufactured?

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2023, 06:29 AM

Ill sell ya a practically new street rod lux for 17k, has EVERYTHING.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
All things remanufactured have one thing in common. They are NOT new. So--depending on how thorough the "remanufacture" was, you could just be buying someone else's problems with a little cosmetic cover-up.

Depends on what one is looking for, I guess. We bought a 2013 Yamaha from The Villages Discount Golf Cars for $6,000 two years ago. Regular six-month maintenance and it hasn't skipped a beat despite daily usage. Suits us just fine.
I agree - I got a reman cart from there - it has been great.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:53 AM

I would stay away from Village Discount Golf Cart and spend the extra couple of thousand and know what you are getting. Try to buy parts when your body and engine are different years old. I found out the hard way that my battery was the original with the older body and never replaced when I purchased the reconditioned cart. Also I have had no luck with the service department. I have it repaired before I even get a call back from them if I get one at all. I will not buy my next cart from them..
Old 02-04-2023, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

I bought a reman, 10 years ago, researched its VIN it had been in service at golf course in Wisconsin , not year round use , New body New enclosure New tires wheels New seat, serviced. Belts .brakes, clutches, will usually last for years, buy a fairly late model [ 2 to 4 year old] and you no problem . Save thousands
Old 02-04-2023, 07:33 AM

Bought a reconditioned 2005 from the Villages in 2009, serviced every year and still going.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:41 AM

I bought my Yamaha cart from Wholesale Golf Carts on 441 just north of Discount Golf Carts. They were great to deal with and very responsive with service. Also as a customer they will rent me an additional cart for $10/day including delivery with adequate notice. Great for when I have company.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:12 AM
Default Discount

I have a discount and yes they were SLOW carts for like a tournament and get upgraded to run at on our streets at those speeds so the main thing is a higher gear. So mine is a slow starter compared to Yamaha street cart but then as fast as any other.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Will an out of town dealer deliver to TV? And just how far out of town can we expect a delivery?
Out of town dealers do deliver to the villages. As to how far away you can get delivery, a phone call to the dealer you’re interested in will answer that. And there are plenty of cart service companies that will service your cart in your driveway.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:40 AM

Give me a call and I will give you a quick golf car education. Jim 513-615-1749
Old 02-04-2023, 08:49 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
That's ridiculous. First off, by definition, "reconditioned parts" are not OEM parts.

Secondly, anyone can buy OEM parts, over the counter at any franchised dealer.
Sure...anyone can buy Yamaha parts, but they will pay retail for them. Only an Authorized Yamaha dealer can perform warranty service on a Yamaha cart. So, while the discount dealer may offer a warranty, it is not a factory warranty, and any parts required will come out of their pocket. Easy to understand why they will not use OEM parts, when they can obtain aftermarket parts cheaper.

Think of it like this: will Billy Bob's auto repair be able to do warranty work on your new Ford vehicle? Sure...he might be able to do the work, but why would he? It would be a net loss for him.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:53 AM

Out of town golf cart stores do deliver to the Villages. I bought a new one at Carts and Clubs in Ocala and they delivered it. I had a problem with tires and they came right back and fixed the problem. They also will service the cart right in your driveway. Saved a few thousand dollars by buying cart from them.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
They are just putting lipstick on a pig.

The lipstick is only what you can see.......paint, seats, lights, etc.

It is NOT, re-manufactured engine, clutch, etc.

DO NOT be impressed with the hours on the cart..........that can be reset.
Also, purchasing a non-PTV cart you will never know hours run. Only PTV's come with a factory hour meter. New Yamaha fuel/hour reset, no, but many older golf carts gas and electric hour reset, yes, and most of those under the seat are generic.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:11 AM
Default Villages golf cart store won't service

The Villages golf cart store will no longer service my 2002 Yamaha that we bought from them new in 2002, said they can't get parts.
So be aware of this. Doesn't seem right since they told us they would service the cart as long as we owned it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstu View Post
Bought a reconditioned 2005 from the Villages in 2009, serviced every year and still going.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:18 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Caveat Emptor.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:34 AM

I love my "Lipstick on a Pig" golf cart from Wholesale Golf Carts. We have had it over two years without a single issue. Got to pick color, canvas, seats, wheels and received all new tires, lights, batteries, belts, etc. We are seriously considering getting a second cart from them. I think this option is better than new as you save a bundle but still get a new looking cart in the exact colors you want. If you are really concerned about the dealer, The Villages Golf Car is doing the exact same thing with the "reconditioning" of the carts coming out of the lifestyle villas they are selling off. I think these carts may have been a bit more abused though as they were driven nearly every day instead of a leased cart that may have only been used seasonally.
Closed Thread

Tags
re-manufactured, cart, dealer, carts, shined

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.