Recreation and Fitness centers

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Default Recreation and Fitness centers

Just a question - Is the a charge to use The Villages Recreation and Fitness Centers or is that included in the monthly activity fee?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncancook View Post
Just a question - Is the a charge to use The Villages Recreation and Fitness Centers or is that included in the monthly activity fee?
There is a charge to use the fitness centers, not sure the price, I think around $100 for 3 months. In the high season, Jan - March, I found the fitness centers to be absolutely packed. It was tough to get on the machines, and they had a such a short time limit on the treadmills and aerobic equipment that I couldn't get a good workout. We ended up buying some weight equipment and keeping it in our home, and we do outside activities like swimming and running and biking to get our aerobic activity.

The rec centers are free. They have classes like yoga, zumba dancing, walking aerobics, etc., that appear to be taught or facilitated by volunteers. I went to a couple of the walking aerobic classes and also zumba classes, and it was just a video that they played on a small tv set at the front of the room. It wasn't my cup of tea.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:00 PM

Thanks for your help and insight. It's nice to have clear expectations before you get there.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

The rec. centers are also available for your use free. We play cards once a week at Truman. We have also had neighborhood get togethers. The small room (65 people) at Truman is free, just reserve it. The large room (over 100 people) has a $35 charge. Kitchen is shared.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.