Rental this january and february

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Default Rental this january and february

Since we sold our house and in a few weeks we have to find a rental for January and February. Looked at a lot of the sites but it really is slim pickings. Doesn't matter if it is one bedroom, manufactured, patio, etc. but do not want to spend over 2000 dollars. Seems like the manufactured homes are all taken and most other homes go for 2500 to 3000. Are there a lot of last minute cancellations?? Does anyone know of anyone willing to rent?? We figure once we get there we will find something in a week and figuring the closing takes a month, two months seems like a good estimate.
Any suggestions would be appreciated???

Addicted to this site!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:30 PM

I've had this situation in the past and so have a couple of friends. Be patient because there are always last minute cancellations. Leave your name with several agents (not TV employees) and I'll bet you will get what you want. Good Luck Irish
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

January and February is prime rental months and a cancellation can usually be filled within a few hours with someone paying full price or even a premium. Most homes go for $3000 or more for those months. If you see something, I would grab it as they will not be available very long. I have a home I rent and Jan, Feb, and Mar are always booked a year in advance. And I usually have a waiting list if someone cancels. I wish you the best of luck, but I would not wait and hope something shows up.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:50 PM

Thanks for the input. Appraiser is coming today for our home and they are pushing to get the house closed by 11/16. Once I have that closing date and we are almost certain check is in hand we will just grab something to rent!

Can not wait till this is all over, go on my cruise 11/21, and come to the Villages on Jan 2. This is an exciting New Year's for sure!!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.