Renting in construction area

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Question Renting in construction area

This is my second post. I am considering buying a home in the Villages, but not moving into it until I retire in a few years. I like some of the new cottage homes, but I am afraid if I buy one in a neighborhood that has homes under construction that the construction may be a negative to some of my potential tenants. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Veteran member

If I were renting it would be a negative for me. I would need about a 40-percent discount to rent in a construction zone.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Eternal Member

I would think it's certainly not a positive in a construction zone. But keep in mind, it's a temporary condition. If you rented this year at a discount because of the construction, next year you'd be in a finished, brand new neighborhood.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALjeneral View Post
This is my second post. I am considering buying a home in the Villages, but not moving into it until I retire in a few years. I like some of the new cottage homes, but I am afraid if I buy one in a neighborhood that has homes under construction that the construction may be a negative to some of my potential tenants. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Which cottage home and which village do you like?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:25 PM

Which village do you like? Which floor plan in the cottage homes? We are thinking the same things you are and trying to make a decision.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Smile from PALjeneral

I liked the Tuckett Inn the best. It seems like a good value. There are several completed and available now. I like the lanai on the side of the house for some privacy. If you haven't done the lifestyle preview, I recommend it. It will give you a good "feel " for the Villages. You can also look at homes until you are worn out.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

construction goes fast and likely in a year it's finished in your area. However, for one year, you'd have to discount. And there are a lot of rentals in TV, be realistic and competitive. Very few rent all year round to my understanding.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.