Restaurants that allow dogs

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2023, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I noticed there are signs at Reville in Magnolia plaza and City Fire in Sumter that dogs are not allowed even outside. Before I would assume they all allowed dogs outside, but now I’m not sure which ones do.
I know that Reveille Cafe allows only service dogs inside and outside. Other than that NO dogs are allowed.
Old 08-08-2023, 05:16 PM

I replied earlier in this thread that we don't take our dog to restaurants when we eat besides Edna's. One of the reasons I mentioned was that I know that some people frown upon that but the biggest reason is that my dog would not like it as she is a little skittish. Our last dog would have loved it but all dogs are different. I see no reason if a particular restaurant allows dogs on their patio not to take them up on the offer.

I don't believe anyone here is being forced to eat at restaurants that have a dog friendly policy on their patio. Most don't allow pets anywhere. If that is something that you can't tolerate, go somewhere else or eat inside. It's just that simple.
Old 08-08-2023, 05:26 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,234 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berwin View Post
When I was stationed in Germany for four years, dogs were welcome in eating establishments whereas some places discouraged kids. Of course, Germans trained their dogs well.
I spent over 9 years stationed at various locations in Germany and never once saw a dog in a restaurant. We have visited family over the years there and again, never once saw a dog in a restaurant.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Start your own forum and make that rule...
Go for a walk, read a book...
Old 08-09-2023, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,430 Times in 4,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
I'm sure you can figure some justification for your point of view, but at home even if there is a set schedule feeding time you can give your dog a treat or feed him from the table. If you think people are going to be upset that there is a dog inside a restaurant, I can only imagine what their reaction would be to you see you feeding your dog off your plate while they're eating.
Once again... WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DOGS SITTING OUTSIDE... And NO ONE is suggesting "feeding a dog off of your plate" is a good thing...

NO ONE is suggesting that dogs inside (save for true service dogs) are a good thing...

Oh, and I'm sure you can figure out some justification for your point of view (see above)...

And it's quite simple to "give your dog a treat" when they are sitting calmly at your feet at an OUTDOOR Restaurant Patio... It will reinforce their good behavior of sitting there quietly...

Any other "made up scenarios" (that no one is suggesting is a good thing) do you want to discuss?

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstekky View Post
I know that Reveille Cafe allows only service dogs inside and outside. Other than that NO dogs are allowed.
Then I'm sure that is one restaurant the OP will not go to with their dog...

I know I wouldn't insist of bringing my dog there... Simple, innit?

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2023, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miboater View Post
I replied earlier in this thread that we don't take our dog to restaurants when we eat besides Edna's. One of the reasons I mentioned was that I know that some people frown upon that but the biggest reason is that my dog would not like it as she is a little skittish. Our last dog would have loved it but all dogs are different. I see no reason if a particular restaurant allows dogs on their patio not to take them up on the offer.

I don't believe anyone here is being forced to eat at restaurants that have a dog friendly policy on their patio. Most don't allow pets anywhere. If that is something that you can't tolerate, go somewhere else or eat inside. It's just that simple.
I'm sorry, but "logic and reason" have no place on this thread...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2023, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I spent over 9 years stationed at various locations in Germany and never once saw a dog in a restaurant. We have visited family over the years there and again, never once saw a dog in a restaurant.
Was it 4 years ago? Maybe things have changed since you were there...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2023, 08:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdm1222 View Post
Go for a walk, read a book...
Sage advice. Maybe you should take it...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Considering this thread is inquiring about "Pet Friendly Restaurants", no one suggested it was okay to bring dogs into a grocery store...

It's just the haters who always bring up extraneous, make believe scenarios who destroy a thread...

That said, any thoughts on "dog poop"?
I think we all see that this is a hot-button issue for you.
Since we agree on 99% of the posts, hopefully we can have a positive discussion.

1. While the post was asking about dogs in/at restaurants, the subject is broader to us non-pet owners. Dogs in shopping carts is not a made-up scenario. It happens frequently. So when the topic cups up about dogs at restaurants, it is not completely off topic to say that we think it is not appropriate for dogs to be in the stores, and we are tired of the barking matches at the farmers market, that dog poop on the sidewalks in the square that I stepped in is disgusting.
2. Why do you say it is inappropriate for a dog inside a restaurant?
Old 08-09-2023, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersprings View Post
I think we all see that this is a hot-button issue for you.
Since we agree on 99% of the posts, hopefully we can have a positive discussion.

1. While the post was asking about dogs in/at restaurants, the subject is broader to us non-pet owners. Dogs in shopping carts is not a made-up scenario. It happens frequently. So when the topic cups up about dogs at restaurants, it is not completely off topic to say that we think it is not appropriate for dogs to be in the stores, and we are tired of the barking matches at the farmers market, that dog poop on the sidewalks in the square that I stepped in is disgusting.
2. Why do you say it is inappropriate for a dog inside a restaurant?
"Hot button issue"?

Yes it is... For all of the people who immediately start making up nonsensical scenarios that no one with an ounce of common sense thinks will actually happen...

YOU are making this about dogs IN restaurants. You're now expanding the topic to random stores and even the squares, and farmer's markets... So tell me, who's "hot button issue" is this?

Sorry you stepped in dog poop. I did it once, as well. But it was when I was 12... I quickly learned to watch where I was walking...

In case you missed it, I can be a bit of a contrarian... Especially when I see what I feel is nonsense posted on the forum.

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2023, 04:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Was it 4 years ago? Maybe things have changed since you were there...
Took the time to GoogleFoo the question. It is up to the restaurant if dogs are allowed. Also, different states in the country can dictate if they are allowed or not. If the restaurant has an open kitchen, not sure what this means, dogs aren't allowed.
Dogs are not allowed in supermarkets, bakeries or butcher shops. As a general rule, any store selling fresh food is a no-go.

In some touristy areas, museums, galleries, etc., dogs are not allowed for the safety of people.
Old 08-09-2023, 05:04 PM
Platinum member

My main problem with dogs in restaurants or anywhere food is sold, I don't know how clean your dog is. Yeah, yeah everyone will claim their dog is cleaner than some humans but there isn't any way to prove it and I'm not going to take your word for it.
Old 08-09-2023, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Took the time to GoogleFoo the question. It is up to the restaurant if dogs are allowed. Also, different states in the country can dictate if they are allowed or not. If the restaurant has an open kitchen, not sure what this means, dogs aren't allowed.
Dogs are not allowed in supermarkets, bakeries or butcher shops. As a general rule, any store selling fresh food is a no-go.

In some touristy areas, museums, galleries, etc., dogs are not allowed for the safety of people.
Sounds reasonable...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2023, 06:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
My main problem with dogs in restaurants or anywhere food is sold, I don't know how clean your dog is. Yeah, yeah everyone will claim their dog is cleaner than some humans but there isn't any way to prove it and I'm not going to take your word for it.
Sadly, I no longer trust how clean people are...

I've had more than a few patients show up with live baby roaches in their shoes and clothing...

I't always a pleasure to shut town a treatment room for a deep cleaning in the middle of a busy day...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, dog, october, coming, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.