Restaurants that allow dogs

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2023, 06:21 AM

Why do you want to bring your dog to a restaurant in the first place… leave the dog at home!!! Very inconsiderate some people are alergic to animals and I don’t want them near me when I’m eating
Old 08-07-2023, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Now I like that response. Yeah we have a 17 lb dog who spends most of the day in the house. When we take her out with us sometimes we get a hankering for a meal. We are not going to leave our dog in a hot car while we eat. We go somewhere that has outdoor dining and she sits quietly under the table while we eat. So far we’ve had no problem with this. Probably because she is relatively small, quiet, well behaved and the establishment knows us as frequent customers. Now if we were talking about a Great Dane, pit bull, etc I might understand the concern but a small well behaved dog under a table outside……..? Come on!
There are parts of the world where (well behaved) dogs are permitted inside restaurants but children are not - just saying ;-)
Old 08-07-2023, 06:28 AM

Leave your dog at home when you go out to eat. You can enjoy your dinner without worrying about the dog. Your dog would probably enjoy a quiet night at home and a break from people.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
We will be coming to TV in October with our little dog and would like to know which restaurants allow doggies
Quick note leave doggie at home when eating out unless you dashboard dineing, Nobody wants a pet to share dinner with inside or outside period.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:43 AM
Default Dogs in Restaurants

I agree that dogs have no place inside restaurants; however, I don't have a problem with them being in an outside eating area. I see dogs at Culver's (outside only) and, so far, all of them have been very well-behaved. I have had many great conversations with the dog owners and enjoy petting the dogs. I wouldn't bring my dog to a restaurant, but I don't have a problem with other people doing it. I have had many meals ruined by screaming children, but none, so far, have been ruined by a dog. Live and let live.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:51 AM

I don’t want to see dogs panting, scratching, licking their privates etc especially while eating.
Old 08-07-2023, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
There are parts of the world where (well behaved) dogs are permitted inside restaurants but children are not - just saying ;-)
I have been waiting for someone to say this. If the law in a country allows dogs and not children, so be it - their country, their rules. We live in Florida and should be prepared to live by their laws.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:09 AM

IAaw 2022 Florida Statutes (including 2022 Special Session A and 2023 Special Session B): NO. There are exceptions, but in general NO. Some places would ALLOW you to sit outside with your pet.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Unless your dog is a Support Animal it has no business ANYWHERE the public gathers to eat. Your love of your dog does not change the fact that animals are not allowed in eateries for good reason.
What is the 'good reason'?
Old 08-07-2023, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
We will be coming to TV in October with our little dog and would like to know which restaurants allow doggies
Cody’s, WOB, Edna’s
Old 08-07-2023, 07:29 AM

I love dogs and cats. But I have a family member who is allergic to them. I also have a family member that is scared of dogs after being attacked as a child. Please leave your dog at home where it's safe and comfortable for it and the other people that won't have to tolerate it.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Now I like that response. Yeah we have a 17 lb dog who spends most of the day in the house. When we take her out with us sometimes we get a hankering for a meal. We are not going to leave our dog in a hot car while we eat. We go somewhere that has outdoor dining and she sits quietly under the table while we eat. So far we’ve had no problem with this. Probably because she is relatively small, quiet, well behaved and the establishment knows us as frequent customers. Now if we were talking about a Great Dane, pit bull, etc I might understand the concern but a small well behaved dog under a table outside……..? Come on!
I commend you, should never leave a dog in a hot car and you also mentioned eating at restaurants with outside dinning. Again no one would fault you for that. I believe the issue is unless it is totally necessary for medical reasons people should not bring their dog into inside dinning. Again, as I stated in an earlier post, for nothing else it is unfair for the dog to sit under a table in a strange place surrounded by stranger eating food. I can’t get into a dog’s mind, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he's thinking I can’t wait to get the hell out of here.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Allowing your small, well behaved dog under the table opens the opportunity for the larger, misbehaved, unruly dog to be allowed. Most of the problem becomes the Owner's lack of control over the animal.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:32 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Hi, I bring my dog to Edna's on the Green, BD Beans in Belleview, Square 1 in Wildwood. I don't eat there, but I've seen them at Darrel's Diner next to Square One, Starbucks. Always outside........ I know a guy got the boot out of Cane Garden last week when he brought little Fluffy inside and plopped him on a seat...... many restaurants with outside seating allow it. Remember this time of year it's too hot to walk them on blacktop down here.

Last edited by airstreamingypsy; 08-07-2023 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:33 AM

Darrell's Diner (various locations in and around TV) welcomes dogs outside and even provides a stainless steel water dish.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, dog, october, coming, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.