tax and service charge on entertainment

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2021, 09:49 AM
Default tax and service charge on entertainment

surprised that it appears no body has taken notice how the village entertainment gurus have decided to pass on the cost of tax and and service charge (5%) on all ways to purchase tickets at the sharon and savanah shows now that they can pack'em in their theaters - they could have at least have one way to get tickets without at least the service charge - kiosks at L.S may have been nice -
Old 08-14-2021, 04:00 PM

Also, if you play the Championship golf courses, you'll see that they found a very creative way to increase their profit 7% by now tacking on the tax to the green-fees.
That tax was always included in the past prices. This is something new as of June 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr kibbles View Post
surprised that it appears no body has taken notice how the village entertainment gurus have decided to pass on the cost of tax and and service charge (5%) on all ways to purchase tickets at the sharon and savanah shows now that they can pack'em in their theaters - they could have at least have one way to get tickets without at least the service charge - kiosks at L.S may have been nice -
Old 08-14-2021, 04:33 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,249 Times in 362 Posts

yep, surprised that one must pay a service charge to go to the box office and purchase a ticket in person. Sign of the times I guess.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 08-16-2021, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Money, money, money
Old 08-17-2021, 06:18 AM

Yesterday I bought tickets to two upcoming shows. First, I went to the website but refused to purchase with $17 "convenience" charge tacked on. I received the email from TV box office last week and expected a service fee and tax to be added on. The message said those would be added regardless of the method of purchase. Decided to try ordering by phone. After about 20 minutes, I got to talk to a real person. By using the online seating chart I was able to choose the seats I wanted. To my surprise, there wasn't a fee or tax added on. I'm a bit confused.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, charge, tickets, tax, entertainment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.