Rv parking

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2023, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Mark View Post
Not to hijack this thread but I have a related question. We're here with a class B+ motor home for the month of January. I have a spot reserved at Fort Knox but was wondering if since my RV is my primary vehicle (I have no other vehicle) could I get around the 72 hour rule and keep it in my driveway. It is only 24 feet and does not stick out into the road.
I say it’s ok, but who am I , or anybody else posting on here.
Do the right thing and call Community Standards
Community Standards
Phone: 352-751-3912
Old 01-03-2023, 06:37 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

We use to own a B+ motor home. Like you said, it’s a real nice small RV. If nobody complains, you could get by with in the driveway for a month. You could also leave it in the street a night and pull it back into the driveway for 72 hours. Again, it’s unlikely the neighbors will be happy. Assume your renting, your landlord might be a bit unhappy too. The idea of deed restrictions is to keep the neighborhoods looking pristine and protect an owners investment in his/her property.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Default RV Parking

We were always told 3 days. However, our Son was visiting for 7 days, so he parked at the Rec Center Near Us, but you have to get a Voucher from staff which you display in your RV window.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I say it’s ok, but who am I , or anybody else posting on here.
Do the right thing and call Community Standards
Community Standards
Phone: 352-751-3912
I called the number and found out the answer is not black and white. Court Yard villas do not allow RV parking in the drive over 72 hours at all.

Some homes do, it depends on the village. So if you see one in a drive way it may be allowed in the area.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Mark View Post
I called the number and found out the answer is not black and white. Court Yard villas do not allow RV parking in the drive over 72 hours at all.

Some homes do, it depends on the village. So if you see one in a drive way it may be allowed in the area.
To clarify, RVs can be parked in a courtyard villa driveway for 72 hours. It is an external adopted rule for almost every, if not all, districts. Here is the link to the external deed restrictions. These external deed restrictions are not part of the individual deed documents for each house.

VCDD Community Standards

The rule states:

The following does not constitute parking:

Campers, Winnebago’s, and other RVs are allowed on the driveway not to exceed 72 hours (3 days) provided they are not plugged in or inhabited. This allowance is made in an effort to accommodate the packing and unpacking of the RV.
Closed Thread

Tags
rules, parking, official, find, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.