Sanibel coming soon

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Default Sanibel coming soon

We are Joe and MaryAnn Yarborough and will be closing April 18 and moving to 735 Kent Lane in The Village of Sanibel.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Sage
Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyarbie View Post
We are Joe and MaryAnn Yarborough and will be closing April 18 and moving to 735 Kent Lane in The Village of Sanibel.
Hi Joe and Mary Ann. We will be on Adrienne Way on the golf course, just a hop, skip and a jump from you. We are currently under construction for a closing of May 9th. Welcome and we look forward to meeting you. We are Bill and Kathy
Old 03-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Hi Joe and Mary Ann. We will be on Adrienne Way on the golf course, just a hop, skip and a jump from you. We are currently under construction for a closing of May 9th. Welcome and we look forward to meeting you. We are Bill and Kathy
WHooooooHoooooo, To TV's Joe and Mary Ann Remember>> Rule #1> un-pack two box's each day, Then go have FUN Rule #2> Repeat Rule #1
Old 03-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Sage

This is so true. Unpacking 2 or 3 boxes a day is enough. You'll eventually get it done. Don't rush it. Get out and meet your neighbors, take a swim in the pool and meet a few people there. Go to the square at night early enough for happy hour. Try to hold off the company for a while until you are really settled in. When we moved here we had company who wanted to come right away. That put us in a tail spin trying to get everything ready for them. Try to get recommendations on TOTV on which contractors to hire for various jobs you want done right away. Be weary of companies that knock on your door. Also be careful of paying money up front for work to be done.
Take your time to settle in and it will be a much more enjoyable experience.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Default Hello Joe and MaryAnn

Quote:
WELCOME! You must be so excited. Cherie and I will be joining you soon in Sanibel. We are in unit 178 on Avondale, south of Pinellis. Do you recall which unit Kent Lane is in?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Smile Welcome to Sanibel

Joe and MaryAnn you are blessed to be seeing the reality of Sanibel. Bobby and
I, put an option on lot 131 in Unit 175 on Bradford Loop, but our home in North Carolina has not sold. Realtor says townhome shows great and price is right, but few buyers at this time. We are optimistic that we will get to Sanibel this year as residence and not just as visitors.

Enjoy your new life...I am sure it will be wonderful.

Sandie and Bobby
Old 03-04-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I just realized we will be there a little ahead of you. Stay in touch so we can meet and have dinner or something.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanbo View Post
Joe and MaryAnn you are blessed to be seeing the reality of Sanibel. Bobby and
I, put an option on lot 131 in Unit 175 on Bradford Loop, but our home in North Carolina has not sold. Realtor says townhome shows great and price is right, but few buyers at this time. We are optimistic that we will get to Sanibel this year as residence and not just as visitors.

Enjoy your new life...I am sure it will be wonderful.

Sandie and Bobby
Sandy,
We just lucked out and sold our house in 4 months, just keep up the positive thoughts and you guys will get to the Villages before you know it. Bradford Loop is the first right turn when you come into Sanibel and we are on the second right turn.Our street is called Kent Lane off that turn. We have actually been coming to visit for 5 years now so we feel almost at home already. Keep in touch so we can meet when you guys get here. So many nice folks headed this way we are bound to have a great time together!!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer in Sanibel View Post
WELCOME! You must be so excited. Cherie and I will be joining you soon in Sanibel. We are in unit 178 on Avondale, south of Pinellis. Do you recall which unit Kent Lane is in?
We are in Unit 176 on Kent Lane. Stay in touch, there are three other couples that replied and I hope we can all get together and meet when everyone gets here.

MaryAnn and Joe

Last edited by mrsyarbie; 03-04-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling error.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Stay in touch, there are three other couples that replied and I hope we can all get together and meet when everyone gets here.

MaryAnn and Joe
Great idea. Sounds like a party. Sign us up.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Veteran member

Welcome to TV. We moved in last week, have unpacked and and finally nailed a few pics on the wall. Still doing Southern Lifestyles, Walmart, Best Buy, Kohls, Bed Bath & Beyond (somewhere), Abscheir trips. Managed to take a ride in the golf cart yesterday afternoon to LSL to, you guessed it, run a couple of errands and enjoy some of the entertainment. Great ride up and back to Sanibel.

One thing learned quickly, don't keep your garage door open, especially if it is full of moving stuff that hasn't found its way into the house. It's like a magnet for businesses to "stop by", pitch, and leave their card. Had the usual nondiscript van with two workers doing driveways, Deans, Massey, Stellar, Superior Services, (he wants to be your new best friend). Pick your priorities, write them down on a list, check them off as you go along.

New build starting behind us. Lots of wind and dust flying around. Gave up on trying to keep the lanai clean to be able to sit outside. Wouldn't work anyway with 15 workers laying up block.

Anyway, we really do love it here!!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Sage
Default Sweet!

Ah....sounds wonderful. Can't wait until I can say the same!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
One thing learned quickly, don't keep your garage door open, especially if it is full of moving stuff that hasn't found its way into the house.
Great tip. Thanks. Between keeping the garage door closed and opening just 2 boxes a day, I'm starting to form an action plan. We close a week from tomorrow but won't move down until our home in Ohio is sold.

BTW, I shoveled snow yesterday.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Smile Just Sold our house in one Day

Hi, we are Patti and Carmine,

We are from NJ and just put our house on the market March 5 and it sold that night. We begin building our new Designer home on or around May 7 and hope to move in sometime in July. We are so excited jumping out of our skin. It is unheard of selling your home in one day but we did it. We went with our gut and it worked out. We are actually arriving in Fl around July 8/9 renting a 2 bedroom Courtyard and then moving into our home shortly after that. We will be moving unto Raven Croft Terrace.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM

Patti and Carmine welcome to the villages.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.