Sanibel coming soon

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Just wondering when you signed contracts to start building in May. I was told that construction starts immediately after signing. We have a spot in Sanibel and would like to sign contracts while the 4% incentive is still on, right now through May, but don't want to close until October. Is it possible to sign and wait for construction to start in a month or 2?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Sage

I was speaking to my agent today, in fact, on this. I was asking how long after we put the deposit down at the design meeting, do they "break ground". It could be two weeks. The don't do anything until they have ordered all the pieces to do your house completely. In our case, we are building a Lantana with a pool. I was told it would be around 70 days. I don't know if that answered your question but it might put it a little more in perspective.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 AM

Thank you, that does give me a better idea as to when we should plan on signing contracts. Can't wait to build our home in Sanibel, have already met a lot of really nice people. It truly is 'Disneyland' for adults.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfeasel54 View Post
Thank you, that does give me a better idea as to when we should plan on signing contracts. .......
You might want to contact your sales rep pronto. I got the latest TV V-mail late last week where it was noted that they've got the 4% discount thing going again.

Bill
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM

We are in Unit 176.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Sage

If it is a golf course lot, you are required to begin building within 3 months. At least that is what I was told.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:52 PM

Heard the 4% discount is going through the end of May, for now. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Smile

Thank you @MBikowski for welcoming us.

@RFeasel54 you do have your appointment made already?

First we received an email on Sunday regarding the 4% incentive. We called on Monday, March 12 to make our appointment. Wesley, our Agent told us they had April 27,28 and 29 available but the appointments were booking fast. So we thought about it and called the next day on Tuesday, March 13 only to find out those dates were gone. So we were hoping to get April 30 until our Agent, Wesley told us April 30 and May 1 were also booked. He was suppose to call us back about April 30 and May 1, but he didn't. We ended up calling him back. So we selected May 2nd and was told it would take 65 to 70 days to build as they are very busy right now. We even asked if they could start building the house sooner but only if there is a cancellation. Of course no one is going to cancel and lose that 4% incentive because if they do cancel their date, they would lose it for the rest of the year. I am sure there are exceptions to every case.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfeasel54 View Post
Just wondering when you signed contracts to start building in May. I was told that construction starts immediately after signing. We have a spot in Sanibel and would like to sign contracts while the 4% incentive is still on, right now through May, but don't want to close until October. Is it possible to sign and wait for construction to start in a month or 2?
I got in when they offered the 4% last November. To get that deal they have to start building immediately, hence the discount.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:57 PM

To Carmpat, no we do not have an appointment yet. We are planning on early July for that, because we would like to close mid October. Our sales rep said he will call when that time slot comes available. From the sounds of it, if we book early July we will be closing much sooner than Oct. Live in NY and not retired yet, plan on renting home for a year a so before we become permanent Villagers. We were trying to work it so we could go down for 3 weeks at closing to get the house ready for rental in January '13, and enjoy our new home for just a little while first. We may have to make a short trip down for closing and go back in October. Just hoping the 4% hangs in there until July... Thanks everyone for your input, would love to meet you all.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.