Scam, but what's the angle

Old 04-17-2024, 08:00 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,561 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
you watch far too much TV LOL
Agree. Lol. How about you just throw it away like all junk mail and be done with it. The FBI isnt wasting their time on one letter.
Old 04-17-2024, 08:43 AM
Default Report this

Go talk to Seniors Vs Crime. They have a few offices around the Villages. They will take the info and contact the appropriate authorities.

352-689-4600 ext 4606
Old 04-17-2024, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

My earlier post was to shred it and move on.
There’s a false narrative that Postal Inspectors or USPS Police have great numbers of officers like other Federal or quasi government agencies....they don’t. Get ready to hurry up and wait. On the scale of scams....this doesn’t even rise to a priority level. Just be proud of yourself that you paused and didn’t take the bait. Enjoy the confetti from the shredder!
Old 04-17-2024, 09:33 AM
Default close....but no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I agree with above, now I would go a step further and contact the police, since this was sent through the mail it is now a federal offence and this could actually get the FBI involved. In any case, do not do anything with the check, except turning it over to the police.
Contact the post office that services your mail (not the postal station, the one your zip code is at). They will contact the USPS Postal Inspectors who handle these as Federal felony cases. United States Postal Inspection Service – Protecting you and everyone the post reaches.

Tags
postage, returned, address, scam, received

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.