Short Punch List!

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Smile Short Punch List!

My wife and I closed on a new home in the Village of Charlotte (Mayflower Loop) last week and must send kudos' to my builder, Larry Dasher. I hope some of you are fortunate to get him as your builder! My punch list was only half a page long with mostly minor items such as areas that needed a little more paint and a few electrical outlets that weren't to our satisfaction. Only major item was our sliding glass doors had light scratches in a few panels( He immediately changed them out). Thirty minutes after i gave Larry our list, the door bell starting ringing with painters electricians and contractors arriving to fix our squawks! I think at one time we had 4 different workers in the house. Larry really took pride in his product and continues to be very responsive to questions I have had regarding the house.
All in all, a very positive experience. Mornings are little noisy right now with all the building going on but workers seem to be very courteous on surrounding lots.Elected to use Tri-County Landscaping out of Wildwood for mowing, trimming, weeding, and fertilization...they are charging me $45 month. Also considering Lighthouse cable for our tv, internet, and phone service. Doing my own bug control right now...we'll see how that goes.
Regards, buzz
Old 04-03-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bowman View Post
My wife and I closed on a new home in the Village of Charlotte (Mayflower Loop) last week and must send kudos' to my builder, Larry Dasher. I hope some of you are fortunate to get him as your builder! My punch list was only half a page long with mostly minor items such as areas that needed a little more paint and a few electrical outlets that weren't to our satisfaction. Only major item was our sliding glass doors had light scratches in a few panels( He immediately changed them out). Thirty minutes after i gave Larry our list, the door bell starting ringing with painters electricians and contractors arriving to fix our squawks! I think at one time we had 4 different workers in the house. Larry really took pride in his product and continues to be very responsive to questions I have had regarding the house.
All in all, a very positive experience. Mornings are little noisy right now with all the building going on but workers seem to be very courteous on surrounding lots.Elected to use Tri-County Landscaping out of Wildwood for mowing, trimming, weeding, and fertilization...they are charging me $45 month. Also considering Lighthouse cable for our tv, internet, and phone service. Doing my own bug control right now...we'll see how that goes.
Regards, buzz
Buzz,
This is good to know and so promising! We have been in our current home 3.5 years and still are waiting for a couple of punch list things to be okayed! We have put a reservation lot 47 on Mayflower Loop, where are you? I "met" the couple building 48 here on TOTV! Cannot wait to sell and move. Keep us posted on the activity. You will be a great source if local info!

:wave
Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

TV is usually pretty on the spot on punch lists, I'll give 'em credit for that.

Regarding bug control, I do my own and between me and the geckos, there don't seem to be many bugs flitting around.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 PM

I noticed a swarming of blind mosquitos (they don't bite...right?) and my neighbors said they're seasonal and would be gone in a few weeks. They don't seem to be much of a bother. I heard the love bugs are on the way....are they seasonal too?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Default Love bugs are seasonal...

And make a mess of your car. Remember to keep a light coat of wax (spray wax works fine) on the front of the car and wipe it off every few days and off will come the love bugs with it. Re-apply and continue the process till they are gone. They usually last about 3 to 4 weeks. They also LOVE light colors.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Gold member

Pam cooking spray works too.
In reality, they're different!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowbird45

Yes, pam does work.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Gold member
Default Charlotte

I'm closing on my home on Oldsmar Terrace on Friday! So, you will be driving by my house to get to Mayflower!! Unfortunately, I am going to rent my home out for a while.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Default Another Mayflower soon-to-be

We are having an Iris built on lot 157 on Mayflower Loop with a closing date scheduled for June 25. Glad to hear from some future neighbors. Looks like the loop will fill up fast. We'll start out as part-timers and plan to become fulltimers by the summer of 2013.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 PM

TerpDawg-We are moving in to our lot 47 house on Mayflower next week. We are part-timers for the time being, but will be full timers by winter. Hope to meet you soon and will watch progress on your lot. Phil & Nancy Brown
Old 05-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Default Thanks

Thanks Phil and Nancy. Looking forward to meeting you all. We close in late June, but won't be there in person until late July. Appreciate you keeping your eyes on our construction. We got some photos from a friend today and they sure are moving quickly. Our transition to full time TV "frogs" (hope that's the right word) will be about a year, but the lure is getting stronger so Barbe just might to finish her career here by herself and join me later.
Jim & Barbe
Old 05-06-2012, 09:30 PM

Sable99, are you using an agency to rent your home? We are meeting with the design center May 21 and when construction is complete, will be renting our home for a couple years until our retirement. I'm a little nervous about renting long distance. I know a lot of people use TheVillages4rent.com with no problems. So I'm thinking of going that route, because I've heard that The Villages rental doesn't keep homes rented often enough, and they charge a lot for their service. Our house will be next to the Sanibel neighborhood pool, so I'm hoping we will have it rented for at least several months of the year. Need to hire someone for a homewatch also. Do you have concerns, or am I being silly?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.