Should the Squares stay closed?

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2020, 05:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We just read how you look at it.

About 70% of ALL Americans do NOT agree with you. Check out recent VALID polls.

We are keeping busy working on projects around the house and will probably end up being "over decorated", but alive. I am cooking more and enjoying it more. We "Zoom" with our family once a week. Husband still plays golf four days a week. It isn't JUST here. The WORLD is suffering a Pandemic. Daughter and husband who are sent to London by our government are carefully restricted and she says that most there accept it with good grace. We do what we have always done; the best we can and I don't feel like I am not enjoying life. My roses never looked better.

There is just as valid information stating theAt 9600 people have died only of Covid, with no underlying problems. They. Say 160000 have died, But COVID AND underlying conditions were guilty. Please show me how many of the 160000 died of previous conditions but just happened to die with COVID instead of because of their previous condition.

The problem is, nobody knows. Read long enough and you will find what you WANT to believe.

I the mean time, let me live life and others can chose to stay home. It is a choice. As for a vaccine, how can they develop one in a couple months that supposedly protects for a year? No way possible to prove that.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,329 Times in 5,477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Kelly View Post
I reside in a 4000 home community in PA. NO ONE has covid. The management permitted a group of us to have a get together. We stayed 6 foot apart. Drank and listened to music and yes danced !! My wife and I hung with our friends who are covid free. Some people wore masks and stayed 20 ft apart. Each to his own. We have had about 5 of these get togethers. Over a hundred people attended each get together. Still no covid. Should the squares open ? If done right and individuals embrace self responsiblility, yes.
The problem is self responsibility has gone away and we have become a nanny state.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:52 PM

I think the Squares should open! I’m a health care worker and I think the best thing to do is get back to normal. If you don’t want to go then it’s Ok to stay home. We all need to get out and become immune.
We can have fun and wash our hands and move on. So that’s my opinion!
Old 09-01-2020, 09:07 PM

AGREE. Open up All activities. If you dont want yo go, stay home. Those who do want to go should have the lifestyle that brought many if not most of us here in the first place: the activities, the fun, the classes, the entertainment, the music. Bring it back!!
Old 09-01-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
It comes down to liability and that’s what the Morse family is all about. They don’t want to open the squares someone gets sick tests positive and then gets sued. There are a lot of people here that are from very litigious states that would sue on a fine. They’re not going to do it until they know what’s going on. For a lot of people wearing a mask downtown with Perry mask police folks watching them they just won’t go. They don’t care if you have a medical condition. Liability drives everything here so everything is in limbo.
How does anyone know where they got infected? So they go to The Square and in 2-3 weeks are sick. During the same period was the person out shopping groceries? Wal-Mart? With friends? Running errands? There is no way to know exactly when, how, or from whom the virus was received. The liability issue is nonsense.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The problem is self responsibility has gone away and we have become a nanny state.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milling73 View Post
AGREE. Open up All activities. If you dont want yo go, stay home. Those who do want to go should have the lifestyle that brought many if not most of us here in the first place: the activities, the fun, the classes, the entertainment, the music. Bring it back!!
Now that the bars are open in Florida, they should open the squares with music and dancing.

Those who are afraid, stay home.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michread View Post
Now that the bars are open in Florida, they should open the squares with music and dancing.

I wouldn’t call them “afraid”, I’d call them smart.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michread View Post

As stated above they would be considered by many as "smart".

We all have our wants/needs relative to precautions one prefers or needs to take (or not).

To categorize those who would elect to stay home as "afraid" is incorrect (and possibly inconsiderate!).
Old 09-15-2020, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Don't look at our doctored positivity rate - look at the number of deaths - they are positive
Yes but proven fact is the deaths are not ALL CAUSED BY COVID. These patients had other severe health problems. Keeping people away from other people is not good. We have been going out around here since March. We have not gotten sick. I work from home, when I first started 5 yrs ago. So I would get into a habit of not going out for a few days. Then I started noticing I was catching colds more often. I asked my doctor saying hey I work from home why am I getting more colds, I’m not AROUND PEOPLE. HE SAID, THATS WHY. YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM WEAKENED BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT AROUND PEOPLE ALL THE TIME!! We can’t stay locked up and we all the people in the villages and surrounding area, if there was a Pandemic..we would all be sick. I just read how the CDC had a report of a nursing home having 32 SICK EMPLOYEES WITH COIVD, IT WAS ONLY 2. Dont believe the numbers. I do medical billing for hospitals. The more you stay in, the more your immune system weakens
Old 09-15-2020, 07:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,630 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
Yes but proven fact is the deaths are not ALL CAUSED BY COVID. These patients had other severe health problems. Keeping people away from other people is not good. We have been going out around here since March. We have not gotten sick. I work from home, when I first started 5 yrs ago. So I would get into a habit of not going out for a few days. Then I started noticing I was catching colds more often. I asked my doctor saying hey I work from home why am I getting more colds, I’m not AROUND PEOPLE. HE SAID, THATS WHY. YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM WEAKENED BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT AROUND PEOPLE ALL THE TIME!! We can’t stay locked up and we all the people in the villages and surrounding area, if there was a Pandemic..we would all be sick. I just read how the CDC had a report of a nursing home having 32 SICK EMPLOYEES WITH COIVD, IT WAS ONLY 2. Dont believe the numbers. I do medical billing for hospitals. The more you stay in, the more your immune system weakens
I agree, numbers are not what they seem. Many who work in the healthcare field were exposed to life threatening issues, but usually didn’t find out for weeks or months, Yet survive.

Big issues now many have never left their homes since March. Their immune system will have a hard time fighting off just a cold.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:32 AM
Platinum member

Open the squares and let the people make their own choices.
as to a possible lawsuit against the Morse family, how would you prove you got the virus from the visit to the square? Could be just as bad as going to Walmart or publix.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:01 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,360 Posts

Control. I might not go to the squares, but that should be my choice, not some controlling so called leader.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,630 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
It comes down to liability and that’s what the Morse family is all about. They don’t want to open the squares someone gets sick tests positive and then gets sued. There are a lot of people here that are from very litigious states that would sue on a fine. They’re not going to do it until they know what’s going on. For a lot of people wearing a mask downtown with Perry mask police folks watching them they just won’t go. They don’t care if you have a medical condition. Liability drives everything here so everything is in limbo.
So let’s break this down, about the developer worried about liability.
Since March, any healthcare worker that contacted Covid, had to take personal leave. Facilities did not take responsibility that the employees contracted the virus on the job. There was no way to prove where the employees contracted the virus. So if any healthcare facility could not prove any evidence than the developer has no worries.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

50% of the population suffer from hypertension, 40% are obese and 1% have diabetes. They are all treatable. COVID continually reduces the immune system and the ability of treatment to be effective. That's why they should say died with COVID not from COVID. It's not an issue of staying home, it's an issue of being safe. I'm sure those that run businesses don't prefer that those that want to be safe stay home....they prefer a safe environment for everyone....not just those that want free stuff and have no consideration for friends and neighbors because that would interfere with their life.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, open, stay, closed, type

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.