Should the Squares stay closed?

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2020, 05:02 PM

Maybe never. Just be prepared.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerforever View Post
Open them all...those that don't want to come--let them stay home...The Villages are about living not dying....to those of you that want to push your way on everyone---Communism is not for America.
Agree.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Open them all...those that don't want to come--let them stay home...The Villages are about living not dying....to those of you that want to push your way on everyone---Communism is not for America.
Exactly!
Old 09-01-2020, 03:30 AM

What exactly are the number of deaths in The Villages? All I see are stats about the counties.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:06 AM

Agree open them. Probably safer then dancing inside at the restaurants or having driveway parties that interfere in neighborhoods. Seriously people are gathering. If you are at risk it is Your responsibility to protect Yourself. Wear the mask or stay home.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:07 AM

Stay closed
Old 09-01-2020, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

2025 from what I hear.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:15 AM

I would go if they re-open!

More people die of the flu than the virus!
Old 09-01-2020, 05:27 AM
Default Get over it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Should the three Village Squares open back up or should they stay closed until a proven and useable vaccine for Covid 19 is found? We are talking about crowds, live music and dancing. There are reports on unmentioned sites to be movement at the squares to indicate the possibility of some type of activity coming relatively soon. If they open we wouldn’t go anyway, but what about you? This seems to be improbable given the age and vulnerable population of The Villages. Wishful thinking on some residents part perhaps.
As we learned this week from the CDC own numbers, that only 6% of the deaths from Covid involved people that did not have other problems, we've been at the worst totally lied to at the least misinformed about this whole thing...Bring back the squares for the people that want to go and for the others that are waiting for a vaccine or too scared to go to a restaurant...stay at you own comfort level....wear your mask while playing golf..wear you mask while driving alone in your car or cart...stay home watching netflix...as for me..I choose to reopen everything...if you've stopped drinking...good for you...BUT you don't have to drink to to sit and listen to music or to dance.....I prefer to dance and I'm not afraid of my car radio giving me a virus...
Old 09-01-2020, 05:28 AM

I believe the Morses are not going to open the squares they are changing everthing since the father died like building apts
Old 09-01-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Most if not all medical experts (those with an actual medical degree) will tell you that avoiding large gatherings and practicing social distancing will reduce the spread of the virus and thus the number of cases and ultimately deaths. So you are advocating no precautionary measures which will lengthen the pandemic and death? This is what you want to push on everyone?

Pretty sure that Communism is not the right qualifier here. If over 50% of Americans support the precautionary measures that would be democratic no?
Old 09-01-2020, 05:37 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

we're still awaiting the vaccine for aids, remember ?
Old 09-01-2020, 05:38 AM

I moved here about 6 weeks ago. This is the way I decided to look at the many things that are not happening now. I don't miss what I never had as far as entertainment. I do, however, love living in a place that is like living on a resort anywhere I go. It is beautiful everywhere and the people are all friendly. Anything added in the future is a plus to me. I love living here and will love it even more when everything comes back to normal
Old 09-01-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Shawshank redemption.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Don't look at our doctored positivity rate - look at the number of deaths - they are positive
My girlfriend’s father died of it in Jupiter, Florida, Sunday night. Her mother has survived the virus and is now testing negative, but it has seriously exacerbated her dementia, so when her husband of 66 years died, she said, “Oh, that’s too bad.” No tears.

This doesn’t seem serious or real until you or your loved ones get it. I know a woman whose 22 year old son got it, survived, but now may need a pacemaker due to ventricular fibrillation.

If you get it, you’ll wish you had been more careful, no matter how careful you were.
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, open, stay, closed, type

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.