So excited!

Old 02-12-2024, 02:08 PM
Loriemoms
Default So excited!

After a year of research watching every youtube about villages, here we come! We close on our home mid March near Citris Grove. Can't wait to meet everyone! I'm retired but my husband Patrick will continue to work from home. We would love suggestions on what internet provider ( we currently use tmobile home and understand that can be spotty in our area) and best place to buy furniture! Thanks and hugs to y'all!
Old 02-12-2024, 03:07 PM
Veteran member

Welcome
Old 02-12-2024, 04:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Many people express problems with city furniture
Old 02-12-2024, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

There are several used furniture stores in the area that may offer better value than some of the new furniture stores. If you have the time you may want to look these stores first to get an idea what is available and what suits YOUR style.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriemoms View Post
After a year of research watching every youtube about villages, here we come! We close on our home mid March near Citris Grove. Can't wait to meet everyone! I'm retired but my husband Patrick will continue to work from home. We would love suggestions on what internet provider ( we currently use tmobile home and understand that can be spotty in our area) and best place to buy furniture! Thanks and hugs to y'all!
Come down and see what your experience with t mobile will be before deciding what to do.

Great place to live
Old 02-12-2024, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,609 Times in 946 Posts

I would come down now for a few days, search out furniture, order, so it i there near closing. Stat small, bed and family room.

Wait til you live there to add stuff
Old 02-12-2024, 09:22 PM

Congratulations!
Old 02-12-2024, 09:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
Congratulations!
Better furniture prices OUTSIDE of the Villages. Refrain from the need to advertise you are a Villager. Once they have that information, they will charge you more with add-ons for delivery and then some. I've seen it happen, many times.

Last edited by Randall55; 02-12-2024 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

i give them 3 years before they move out! .. wait till they see how crappy the Medical system is.. Traffic, Taxes, Entitlement ....
Old 02-14-2024, 04:55 AM

Welcome to The Villages. My husband and I have lived here for 18 years and love it. I would go to the furniture stores in Leesburg on 441. We have Comcast/Xfinity for our computer, phone, and TV and we like it. We never have issues. You will enjoy living close to the ocean side and Gulf side. We go on mini-trips to the beach. I switched to Consumer Cellular and love it. They have two stores in The Villages. You will meet some wonderful people here.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Welcome! We’ve been here only two years and love it. Bought an older house furnished but did buy new bedroom furniture from City Furniture. Our experience was good especially as we were buying back when supply chain issues were so bad. They actually had what we wanted in stock. Service was top notch, friendly. We thought the price was a bit high. But back then having what we wanted in stock was priceless. If this happened today, I think I’d shop around.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:46 AM

Quote:
NEAR Citrus Grove? I lived there and moved to Newell a year later. If in Newell, I admin the FB page there (graphic has the Postal Station). Good orientation info there. Whatever Village you are in, this is a valuable resource. I have Verizon for phone and XFinity for internet/TV. Expensive but never had an outage.

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 02-14-2024, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Welcome!

We use Spectrum for internet and cell phones and have no problems with either. They use Verizon towers so coverage is good.

As far as furniture we used Rooms To Go for most of our new furniture. Bought a few accent pieces at At Home in Clermont, or various used furniture stores but I do t particularly like used furniture for upholstered pieces.

Enjoy.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
i give them 3 years before they move out! .. wait till they see how crappy the Medical system is.. Traffic, Taxes, Entitlement ....
I don’t know where you came from that taxes and traffic were better but sounds like you should go back!
Old 02-14-2024, 06:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

Congratulations for your upcoming move to active retirement heaven. I'm very happy with Xfinity for internet, and Tracfone for cell service.
You can find very good deals for slightly used furniture on Facebook Marketplace or here on TOTV's buy and sell section.
Don't be put off by a few VERY NEGATIVE CURMUDGEONS on this website. Just put them on your "IGNORE" list and enjoy the rest of your experience.
All the best to you.

Tags
home, suggestions, love, internet, provider

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.