So excited!

Old 02-14-2024, 07:06 AM

[QUOTE=Loriemoms;2300391]

Welcome! We’ve been here 6 years (2 full time) and we love it. We use Century Link and are quite happy with it. There are many places to shop for furniture in and outside TV that are worth exploring. We recently purchased some in Orlando. Take your time and have fun! Hope you make many friends and enjoy making this your new home.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:25 AM

Congratulations and welcome. We moved here a bit over a year ago and could not be happier. Only advice is take your time furnishing. As an other poster recommended... live in it first to get a feel for what you want your space to look like.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriemoms View Post
After a year of research watching every youtube about villages, here we come! We close on our home mid March near Citris Grove. Can't wait to meet everyone! I'm retired but my husband Patrick will continue to work from home. We would love suggestions on what internet provider ( we currently use tmobile home and understand that can be spotty in our area) and best place to buy furniture! Thanks and hugs to y'all!
I have Xfinity for internet only. Now $81 /month. TMobile is our cell carrier. We have furnished our turnkey by swapping out and buying on marketplace.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:57 AM

I worked for the Government for 3 years after we moved here. I used and continue to use Xfinity because they were the most reliable connection. I could not afford spotty connection. I never had a problem with the speed and I was on the internet 9 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

We use Spectrum for internet. Very reliable. Currently pay $50/month for 500mbps, but like everyone they creep up year after year. However, if you call them each year, they will lower your rate. I just did that a few months ago, and they dropped my rate fro $80 to $50. Ask for Customer Retention.

As for furniture, don't be in a big hurry. You will probably find what you have now is not what you'll want here. Bring what you really need, and take your time finding the rest.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
I don’t know where you came from that taxes and traffic were better but sounds like you should go back!
yup..planning on it! Can't afford the Home Insurance increases every year! It's just a matter of time before the AirBnb people turn this place into a Rental community..The Taxes at my other home in the Carolinas are 1/2 the price they are here. The Honeymoon with the Villages is over.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:39 AM
Gold member

Welcome! If you are in a new house, you very likely have Centric Fiber Optic already installed. Upon closing you will get the info. I think all you have to do is call them. It is fast & inexpensive. You can either call your sales rep, or tell us your Village name & current residents will be able to confirm.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:43 AM

Jim, as you have Xfinity for internet, switch to Xfinity Mobile from Verizon. They use the Verizon system and you get free calling and texting for up to 5 phones. Just pay for data. If you use little, just pay by the gig, if not pay for unlimited. We have 2 phones and pay by the gig, usually about $16 a month.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:51 AM

I use Centric Fiber for internet, which most new homes come pre-installed (modem/router) and live from day one even before you call for service setup. It is fast, not overpriced for 1G internet. I have Verizon for cell service, but unless they do something about adding a tower in the Dabney area SOON, we'll switch. Having 1 bar on a cell phone even outside is just bad and inside reception issues and drops aren't uncommon. If you have good service at your new home stick with what you have, and if not, ask neighbors what they have and if their cell signal is strong.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justputt View Post
I use Centric Fiber for internet, which most new homes come pre-installed (modem/router) and live from day one even before you call for service setup. It is fast, not overpriced for 1G internet. I have Verizon for cell service, but unless they do something about adding a tower in the Dabney area SOON, we'll switch. Having 1 bar on a cell phone even outside is just bad and inside reception issues and drops aren't uncommon. If you have good service at your new home stick with what you have, and if not, ask neighbors what they have and if their cell signal is strong.
Hi Justputt, turn wifi calling on, & in your house your calls will be trouble free. Also, wifi calling within the US (with Verizon) doesn't use any of your data & is free within what you are currently paying for the internet service.

WiFi Calling at Verizon FAQs | Verizon
Old 02-14-2024, 09:12 AM

We do not recommend Tmobile 5G Internet here. Enormous slowdowns at random times throughout the day.
So bad it slows too much to keep a streaming movie going.
Old 02-14-2024, 09:34 AM
Default New hime

Quote:
After a year of research watching every youtube about villages, here we come! We close on our home mid March near Citris Grove. Can't wait to meet everyone! I'm retired but my husband Patrick will continue to work from home. We would love suggestions on what internet provider ( we currently use tmobile home and understand that can be spotty in our area) and best place to buy furniture! Thanks and hugs to y'all!
Welcome to paradise. Kent Furniture is the best. Love our furniture, great quality, great service, great selections. We use Spectrum Internet only and it works well, but YouTube TV. Enjoy!
Old 02-14-2024, 09:54 AM

Been here going on 20. Suggestion: I-95 runs both ways.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:12 AM

Quote:
May I ask, where is "near Citrus Grove"? I ask because I am a new resident of Lake Denham and TV started wiring new builds with fiber optic all the way to the wifi router above everyone's kitchen cabinets. I'm not sure which in village they started this practice. My fiber feed comes from Centric and it is essential for working from home. Fiber optic internet connections are very fast and reliable. $65 a month for 1 gig connection. The house is also prewired with Cat 6 cable so by adding a gigabit switch I have 1 gig to share in every room with an outlet for work stations, TVs, gaming consoles, etc. I can add TV packages to my internet plan but I stream what I need from Amazon and Netflix.Their phone app is good and they send alerts if they are working in our area to improve their systems. I dropped Xfinity and switched to fiber at my home near Baltimore because Xfinity lies about actual speeds you get to your connected devices, they continuously raise your monthly costs, and personally I'll never give Comcast another penny because fiber is so much better for my prewired home. But rest assured, the house is also wired for Cable TV providers.

We went to Value City furniture near Baltimore to look at current furniture trends before buying our house in TV. We figured we'd get ideas of what to look for, but we found out that Value City is a chain and is also named American Signature, with a store in Orlando. So we found some things we loved, waited for their Black Friday Sale and got what we wanted for 30% off....in Baltimore! Our Salesman let us know that he could set up delivery from the Orlando store, which we've never been to....yet. Our delivery from Orlando was free because we bought a mattress along with other furniture. We've looked at all the furniture stores in TV area, and Im sure you will as well. The prices are outrageously high. At Babette's on 441 we saw a bedroom set, close to, but not as perfect as our bedroom set.....but Babette's price was more than twice what our set was priced at before our 30% off sale price. And then they want you to wait months to get it??? Ridiculous. If you have a $100k budget for furnishing the house then you'll be good near TV, but otherwise do as the wise have stated....take your time, live in an empty house and contemplate each purchase of each piece, spend time going to each store, and shop way outside TV.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM

I have to agree if you are so unhappy here why do you stay?

Tags
home, suggestions, love, internet, provider

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.