Social

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2022, 02:59 PM
Default Social

Just want to know where is the best place to meet people as a newbie. Are there any recommendations? Single now and hope to make many friends in my new life. Not into the party seen. Car guy. Fishing. Quiet guy @ 59.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

We did it by joining lots of clubs.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Check to see if your village has a Facebook page. Our village regularly throws driveway parties. We also have a social club in our village that holds several events throughout the year. Also keep an eye on the entertainment schedule and attend events where you might meet people with the same interests.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-05-2022, 05:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

We meet lots of new friends at our neighborhood pool.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,915 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket71 View Post
Just want to know where is the best place to meet people as a newbie. Are there any recommendations? Single now and hope to make many friends in my new life. Not into the party seen. Car guy. Fishing. Quiet guy @ 59.
quiet guy = introvert. Lots of us are, Best place for birds of a feather is the local watering hole of common activity interests, aka a club. Now you can just keep doing what you are doing, cars and fishing. OR there are some other clubs which might look interesting, and you will find more new acquaintences with new clubs/activities and you just might find something interesting which you have never tried before.

So just do it, find something new and give it a try. . . nothing says you have to stay in it or go again, or go to every meeting. . .
Old 12-06-2022, 02:10 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Even if you don't swim, try going to the pool in your neighborhood on a regular basis, the neighborhood pool is a good place to start , but of course you can't just go one day..people begin to recognize those who are there on a somewhat regular basis.Check your postal station bulletin board, most list upcoming activities for the village. Before Covid (BC) ALL the rec facilities had activities in addition to all the clubs listed. There would be movie nights, and ice cream socials, not sure if they ever started having them after Covid or not. I've met a lot of people through the years just sitting at Starbucks drinking coffee ! If you go to a church, most here have a lot of options: singles groups, men's groups, ladies groups, widow and widowers, golf groups, etc. etc. And lastly, don't over look just volunteering, so many opportunities here... help build houses for Habitat for Humanity (don't have to have carpentry skills, you can LEARN many skills there), pack shoe boxes of goodies for our service people at Operation Shoe box, Friends of the library, serve as a court appointed guardian ad litem for a child, help out at one of the many soup kitchens in the area or free pantry stores, volunteer to teach abandoned or disadvantaged children how o fish, you'll soon find literally hundreds of easy ways to meet people, much easier and much closer here than in most big cities.

Last edited by Pairadocs; 12-06-2022 at 02:19 AM. Reason: addition
Old 12-06-2022, 11:25 AM

check out single in the villages not a dating site great singles group lots of activities annual membership is $25 this gets your id badge and access to the site with all the events always stuff to do i have been here 2 years and recommend it highly you will have to find it on facebook for more info enjoy
Old 12-07-2022, 05:47 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

SGV, (Single Golfers in The Villages) Single Golfers of the Villages - Golf - The Villages, Florida, ASGA (American Singles Golf Association) Golf Experience, Trips & Events | ASGA - American Singles Golf Association
single and dance Singles N Dance Club - Home
good luck
Old 12-07-2022, 05:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

As well as that Facebook option mentioned above, I believe there's still Singles clubs within the Villages activities calendar. I find it very easy to make friends here, all the best to you!
Old 12-07-2022, 05:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to JudyLife

Go to the pool, always a conversation to be had there & join a few clubs that you think might interest you, engage with your neighbors. You’ll be fine, relax & enjoy the great opportunities here.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:13 AM

Join the south of 60 club. I'm not sure how. Look in recreation news for clubs you might like. Everyone says the pools but what you will find is a lot of older married people depending on where you live. Singleinthevillages.com. You can check that out online.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

do what interests you. Lots of fishing groups here, car groups abound....go to Village Community Development Districts for information on clubs
Old 12-07-2022, 08:18 AM
Platinum member
Default Strikkkee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket71 View Post
just want to know where is the best place to meet people as a newbie. Are there any recommendations? Single now and hope to make many friends in my new life. Not into the party seen. Car guy. Fishing. Quiet guy @ 59.
join the spanish springs bowling alley you will never be disappointed
Old 12-07-2022, 08:31 AM

I moved here 4 years ago as a single guy. Best decision I could have made. There are lots of singles clubs; Fenny Singles, South of 44 Singles, Singles in the Villages, Singles Baby Boomers, and many more.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
This is one of the easiest places to make new friends. There's a club for just about every interest (really). These are all listed in the Thursday paper in a separate insert. If you don't get the paper, every Rec. center has a stack of these inserts you can pick up.
Closed Thread

Tags
guy, social, friends, life, party

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.