storing a corvette

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Default storing a corvette

My husband just bought himself a corvette. Now we have no place to store it...
We have a car in a half and my car is in the garage. Are there snowbirds that rent the garage out for part of the year ? We have full coverage on the car.
We would even be willing to watch the person's house , plus pay rent for the storage. We have reference's and are trust worthy people...any other idea's ?

You can p.m. Thank You.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babspadget View Post
My husband just bought himself a corvette. Now we have no place to store it...
We have a car in a half and my car is in the garage. Are there snowbirds that rent the garage out for part of the year ? We have full coverage on the car.
We would even be willing to watch the person's house , plus pay rent for the storage. We have reference's and are trust worthy people...any other idea's ?

You can p.m. Thank You.
You can leave the car and the keys in my garage. I won't put too many miles on it.

Seriously, if the homeowner regs will allow it and you have room in your driveway, you can put it under a good car cover. Be sure to get one that breathes so moisture doesn't build up in the vette. What year and model did you get? I sold my 2003 C5 about two years ago. Now I have a
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer in Sanibel View Post
You can leave the car and the keys in my garage. I won't put too many miles on it.

Seriously, if the homeowner regs will allow it and you have room in your driveway, you can put it under a good car cover. Be sure to get one that breathes so moisture doesn't build up in the vette. What year and model did you get? I sold my 2003 C5 about two years ago. Now I have a
Bob bought a yellow c 6 2005 coupe.LS2. We hope to join the corvette club... Any members out there.

Last edited by babs1199; 03-06-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM

That is a beautiful car. The C6 is an awesome car. I've driven several of them. You really need to join the Corvette club. I'd do it if I still had mine. Have fun.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer in Sanibel View Post
That is a beautiful car. The C6 is an awesome car. I've driven several of them. You really need to join the Corvette club. I'd do it if I still had mine. Have fun.
Thank You. My husband thinks so too.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Vet

You will love it.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM

Congratulations Bob on your new corvette. Remember the wave when you see another corvette.

Just a word of caution when you store your corvette. The ideal storage condition would be to have a trickle charger on the battery as these cars will drain a battery if left over a period of time. If that is not possible diconnecting the negative battery cable may help to save your battery.

I have a 1994 C4 corvette and I'm hoping to someday have it at my house in FL and join the corvette club.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:54 AM

We also have a vet, we are storing it indoors at a location right at the villages. We got the phone number from the rental office. Good luck
Old 03-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daca55 View Post
......The ideal storage condition would be to have a trickle charger on the battery as these cars will drain a battery if left over a period of time. ......
To add to this: Make sure such a charger is one of the newer type of 'smart' chargers. One of their functions: They sense when the battery is up to full charge and cut the charge waaaaay down to just a maintenance level. You can leave these hooked up 24/7/365 so that whatever it's hooked to will always be ready to start. They WILL make your battery last longer as well!

A true old-time trickle charger (that applies a constant charge) will actually boil a battery dry over time and kill it.

One of several brands on the market: Battery Tender - Home of the Battery Tender Jr. - Batterytender.com They're available at many motorcycle shops and via other avenues as well - Amazon, eBay, etc.

Bill
Old 03-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Gold member

Ditto Battery Tender.
We have used the Battery Tender Jr. since 2005 on our 2005 Thunderbird. It will sit for 4months during the summer and sometimes weeks the rest of the year which is why it only has 3,000 miles.
The BT Jr. has never let me down.
Guess I'll need another for the golf cart.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Default Queston??

Are you looking for a space here in TV? One of the TOV sponsors rents vehicle & RV spaces at a reasonable price.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
To add to this: Make sure such a charger is one of the newer type of 'smart' chargers. One of their functions: They sense when the battery is up to full charge and cut the charge waaaaay down to just a maintenance level. You can leave these hooked up 24/7/365 so that whatever it's hooked to will always be ready to start. They WILL make your battery last longer as well!

A true old-time trickle charger (that applies a constant charge) will actually boil a battery dry over time and kill it.

One of several brands on the market: Battery Tender - Home of the Battery Tender Jr. - Batterytender.com They're available at many motorcycle shops and via other avenues as well - Amazon, eBay, etc.

Bill

I'll ditto this as well. The final charge is a 'float charge' on smart chargers.
In reality, they're different!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 PM

I responded to the private message, please let me know if you got the info. It was my first time doing a p.m.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.