T-mobile CELL PHONE COVERAGE

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Question T-mobile CELL PHONE COVERAGE

Having read many posts....the only cell phone companies mentioned seem to be AT&T and Verizon. I am wondering if there is any T-Mobile coverage in the newer areas near 466.....and if anyone is having reception problems with it.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

don't know about T-mobile...but we have Cellular One and have never had an issue in Florida
Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 AM

When I moved to Hemingway 2 years ago I had to switch from T Mobile because of lack of signal. I have had Verizon ever since and it always works here.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryr View Post
Having read many posts....the only cell phone companies mentioned seem to be AT&T and Verizon. I am wondering if there is any T-Mobile coverage in the newer areas near 466.....and if anyone is having reception problems with it.
We've been down here 5 weeks with T-Mobile and don't really seem to be having problems. We still have over a year on our contract so we'll stick with them and see how it goes
Old 06-05-2011, 08:24 AM

I have had Tmobile here for over ten years. Two phones, one an android, and have had no real problems. Every once in a rare while may drop a call but certainly not the rule.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Default T-Mobile

We live on the extreme eastern edge of Hadley and have very poor reception from T-Mobile. Cannot make or receive calls inside of house. 1 bar signal outside of house......If I stand on 1 leg with my left arm raised I can make a call.....sometimes!!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryr View Post
We live in Buttonwood. Couldn't get reception on Sprint phones here, so tried to switch to T-mobile right after Christmas. No reception, so returned them the next day, obviously within the "grace period." Had trouble for MONTHS getting them to figure out that we had cancelled the next day and to stop sending statements!! Many phone calls to their customer service, first they cancelled one number but not the second one, etc. We went to Verizon and have a dropped call once in awhile, but overall it's so much better than the others.

By the way, I originally posted under a different category, too, because it seemed like a general enough or even a new member type question -- but I was scolded by the administrator and told they moved it to the Contractors and Services thread. Glad I'm not the only one who thought this was the right place for this question.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Default T-mobile

I've had t-mobile for years. We spend half our time in TV and have had very little problem in the past. 2 weeks ago it was terrible at the house,Rio Grande, but acceptable. I use 3 g.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:06 PM

We have a CYV in Poincianna close to 466A. Had T-Mobile and would have to go out to the driveway to make a call, could NEVER make or receive a call in the house. We ended up getting rid of T-Mobile and now have Verizon with no problems anywhere.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Platinum member

Have T-mobile in Amelia. No problems at home or most places in The Villages.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Just a suggestion.... When you state your good or bad cell phone reception in your area, you need to include the type of cell phone you are using (IE. Motorola Droid, iPhone, Blackberry, etc.). Believe it or not, there is a huge difference in reception of different cell phones in the same area with the same service provider...
Old 06-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Just a suggestion.... When you state your good or bad cell phone reception in your area, you need to include the type of cell phone you are using (IE. Motorola Droid, iPhone, Blackberry, etc.). Believe it or not, there is a huge difference in reception of different cell phones in the same area with the same service provider...
Good suggestion. I use a Blackberry and as I said earlier have no problems in our home in Amelia or throughout The Villages.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Awful service with Walmart Family Mobile ( which is TMobile service) in Villages of Caroline and most of the local area including Leesburg. Phone sometimes doesn't ring or takes forever to dial and no sound if it connects often. If phone works data connection won't work. Several complaints to Family Mobile with no results (they tell me service is satisfactory in the area). Smart phone is Samsung Galaxy S2 with android 4.03. Walmart Family mobile offered $100 rebate at Christmas time ($20 a month for 5 months) and they still haven't given me (and others I know) the rebate. One excuse after another - stay away from TMOBILE in the Villages and local area.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.