Thermostat Sensor

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Default Thermostat Sensor

The thermostat in our Zinnia model displays an inside and outside temperature reading. Does anyone know where the outside temperature sensor is located?
Old 04-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Look by your a/c condenser unit. Sometimes the inside thermostat will read a very high outside temperature and I've been told it is due to the heat near that unit. If you can't find it, call the # of who installed your a/c unit and ask them. Home warranty is also an option of getting you to the person who could properly answer your question. Their # is (352) 753-6222. Good luck!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:36 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

The temperature probe is inside your condensing unit. It will read higher temps sometimes due to the sun hitting the condensing unit, etc. It normally is not an issue. Hope that helps!

Frank
Old 04-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I agree with Frank, except if you have an AC unit on the West side of the house, it can register much higher then the real outside temperature. I have a separate wireless sensor mounted in a shaded area, much more accurate.

Tags
thermostat, temperature, sensor, reading, located, inside, zinnia, model, displays

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.