Thinking about renting 4 month of march 2009

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Default Thinking about renting 4 month of march 2009

Greetings and salutations TV folks.
My husband and i are semi retired, moving full time to Maine and thinking seriously about buying in TV.
Before we buy, we thought we'd rent for a month during the winter.
I called TV rental agency and the nice lady took my name, and told me no prices were set and availability unknown at this point but she would get back to me. She did cheerily tell me that if there is a rental for the month of March, there'd be no problem with us bringing our spoiled cockapoo.

I have been looking thanks to guiding from REDWITCH , at the "4 rent by owner" places and have spoken to a few owners. From what they tell me, March is going to be impossible for us to find availability.

Any ins or outs or suggestions?

This is a nice community forum.
I am a moderator on an Aruba community forum and this one looks top notch!

Kind regards all

andrea
andrea james<br /><br />proud parent of Mass Maritime Academy 2008 graduate<br />and now employed Nuclear Engineer @ Dept. of Defense!&nbsp; <br />A grad and employed!&nbsp; Hubby and I are so very proud.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Re: Thinking about renting 4 month of march 2009

Hi Andrea,,

Welcome to TOTV..Best of luck to you..Hope to meet you soon..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 06-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Sage

Andrea, From my experience, March is the most popular month to rent in TV. Throw in a dog and the choices of rental units become slimmer.You should start looking now. Good luck and enjoy your visit.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Dancing Thyme

Hi Andrea:

Welcome to TOTV, you'll enjoy this site. Its the best!! But... stay out of the political forum. Very bad vibes in there.

Andrea, I don't own yet in TV but I've been renting for well over a year and I do it from this website below. You can see calendars on available dates and you can sort for who will allow pets. I have not been disappointed with this site, try it and let us know if it works. Good Luck!! BTW, you should be very proud of your son. Quite an accomplished young man!!

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...s-Florida.html

Kathie :redfacethe shy one)

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-13-2008, 01:17 AM

hello proud Parent, as you should be. We have a home in Maine and are renting in the Villages for the spring of 2009. We found our rental at the villages4rent.com. I hope you are successful in your search, mommullr
Old 06-13-2008, 01:24 AM

wow all of you are so nice!

i have spent the better part of the day reading and reading and reading this site.

again, thank you all.

will keep looking for rental.
andrea
andrea james<br /><br />proud parent of Mass Maritime Academy 2008 graduate<br />and now employed Nuclear Engineer @ Dept. of Defense!&nbsp; <br />A grad and employed!&nbsp; Hubby and I are so very proud.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Veteran member

Hi Andrea. The year we rented, we contacted a realtor (Century 21) that handles rentals. They had someone who was just closing on a house and wanted to rent it out so that was how we found something. The only other suggestion I have is to try for either December or April -- both nice months -- which will improve your chances. I know we've received countless emails asking for Jan - March.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 06-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Eternal Member

I am not sure at this point but I might be renting my patio villa..It is a beautiful location, large private corner lot..

I am looking for buy a bigger house..If my plans go through, I will certainly rent mine all through the year..

No smoking or pets though

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,

Old 06-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Donna, no smoking or pets in your place? roflao That just doesn't seem quite fair to me.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-13-2008, 05:02 AM
Eternal Member

Red..I think it is very fair since it is my house..

I smoke, yes..but on the lanai only..I have no pets in my villa..My husband will not let me bring my dogs, he does not want the hair and mess..I cannot blame him..

I think no smoking or pets is a reasonable request!

My house is brand new, hardly used..

Old 06-13-2008, 11:49 AM

I think should make requests of their tenants such as non smoking or no pets or no wild parties and chandelier swinging etc... :joke:
If folks want to smoke in my house...out to the back deck they go.
I am very lucky as the shedding is no issue with Belle. No shed dog!!!
After our black lab went to heaven and we began to search for a new pup, we categorized what we wanted No shed came out at the top of the list.

again everyone, i love this site and thank you for all of your replies
andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Red..I think it is very fair since it is my house..

I smoke, yes..but on the lanai only..I have no pets in my villa..My husband will not let me bring my dogs, he does not want the hair and mess..I cannot blame him..

I think no smoking or pets is a reasonable request!

My house is brand new, hardly used..
Old 06-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Donna, I understand. Was just teasing you a little. If I rented, I think I'd allow smokers so long as I could be assured it was outdoor smoking only. I haven't smoked in my home for almost 15 years now. Heck, I feel guilty smoking on a lanai.

The no pet policy I understand perfectly. Again, if I did rent to pets (and that includes birds, sorry, Andrea), I would require a hefty non-refundable pet deposit and use it to have my furniture and carpeting professionally cleaned after (and the cleaners better move furniture!). As much as I love critters, I do understand the messes the make. Dogs and cats shed all over. You never know how well housebroken the dog is. Cats have to sharpen claws on something. Birds toss food all over and if allowed to fly free, droppings happen. Okay, I wouldn't have an issue with snakes, hamsters, guinea pigs and gerbils. Rabbits chew too much, especially wires.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-13-2008, 03:51 PM

:joke: SNAKES? :joke:
omgosh snakes.
if i see a snake, i get nauseated and feel like i am going to die.

i do not want to know if (well there must be) any form of snakes in TV.
andrea
Old 06-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,512 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Andrea.

We were going to rent next spring and had made all sorts of inquiries to do so, needed to find a place that would take us and our feline buddies.

HOWEVER. We came down for a lifestyle visit and bought. I don't know how many times I have read that people have rented and within days or weeks find their hearts desire in a house here and buy anyway with the lease on their rental still running.

No use trying to explain it. We are not impulsive and have taken a long time to consider each of the eight houses we have bought or built in our life time. We bought, had three days of buyer remorse in the form of Holy Cow, what'd we just do, and then it was replaced by euphoria and we have not looked back.

For most of us there is less time in the future than there was in the past. Why waste it, when you have found Paradise....right here in central Florida.

GracieGirl.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.