Thinking of moving to Villages

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Default Thinking of moving to Villages

Hi,
My husband and I are starting the relocation process to move to the Villages. In the spirit of finding out all I can..is there anyone who has moved from the Coral Springs/Weston area that might like to share thoughts? Thanks!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Sage

Hi Miriam, we moved from Delray Beach, not far from Coral Springs, to TV in 2008. Four years later, we have just sold our condo in Delray Beach. The closing was to happen today. I'd be happy to share info with you, if you care to p.m. me with questions.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:43 AM

Carla,
Thanks so much for answering so quickly. We just got back from 4 days in the Villages and I fell in love with it but my husband is more reluctant. We understand that it gets more crowded in the winter? How crowded does it get generally and, in particular, the golf courses? Why did you move to The Villages? Have you been happy? Is there any down side to living there?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam2940 View Post
Carla,
Thanks so much for answering so quickly. We just got back from 4 days in the Villages and I fell in love with it but my husband is more reluctant. We understand that it gets more crowded in the winter? How crowded does it get generally and, in particular, the golf courses? Why did you move to The Villages? Have you been happy? Is there any down side to living there?
there are threads that give you ideas about crowds and are you happy and what you don't like...there are not many unhappy people here find a place to rent in the high months and then you can find out for yourself, what we might not think is a problem on the golf course your husband may think it is
Old 07-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
there are threads that give you ideas about crowds and are you happy and what you don't like...there are not many unhappy people here find a place to rent in the high months and then you can find out for yourself, what we might not think is a problem on the golf course your husband may think it is
We spent the months of Feb. and March in TV this year and found the crowd problem to be way overstated. We went to the squares almost every evening and seldom had a problem finding seats, and got seated in popular resturaunts around 7 pm with seldom more than a 10-15 minute wait. As for golf we signed up for the computer tee time system (a must IMO), and we got tee times all but two days - we probably played 40 times on the execs. We always requested 12-15 courses and four to five hour time frame, and usually got one of our favorite courses with an early tee time, which is what we preferred. Don't let the crowded issue give you one moments pause!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

eweissenbach, I agree with you 100%. I never understood the complaints with traffic, golf times, etc. in the winter months. Not a problem.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

miriam2940 - i believe the concept of 'crowded' depends on one's activity schedule and personal flexibility. hubs and i are two of the winter crowd who add to traffic. pretty much we are not involved in recreation activities, golf and dancing in the squares. and we don't usually add to those who choose to wait for a table at a restaurant - we eat-in or eat early. so the crowds that are often referred to don't really impact our lifestyle and we don't really impact that of others.

we tend to look at the influx of snowbirds as an opportunity to renew our friendships that have pretty much been on hold over the eight months we have been spending elsewhere.

p.s. my friends who do play golf have commented that their preferred/traditional/off-season tee times and golf courses are harder to come by during the 'season' - but they are not impossible since they are flexible. they also enjoy the oppty to go out on the course with folks they have not played golf with since 'last season'.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Gold member

to the TOTV forum. Do some searches on this forum and you'll find plenty of answers to questions. There are multiple threads to each subject.
In reality, they're different!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:56 PM

You can NOT put lawn ornaments in your yard according to LAW.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
eweissenbach, I agree with you 100%. I never understood the complaints with traffic, golf times, etc. in the winter months. Not a problem.
I agree.....there are a lot more folks here in the winter months, but it is only a problem occasionally. Most of the time I'm grateful that the snowbirds are paying their amenity fees all year long!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.