Trash Service Question

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2021, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydavid View Post
I'm amazed that you are moving to a new home and trash pick-up is your concern.
Being A concern doesn't mean it's their ONLY concern...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-14-2021, 07:30 AM

You must pile up the garbage in your garage for five years,then you are allowed to sell your home.
Old 12-14-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleball! View Post
I just bought a house in Cason Hammock and will be moving at the end of January.

How does the trash service work in TV? Do you get a can or need to purchase one? How often is the pick up? How much can you put out? What if I have a lot due to construction?

I am planning on pulling up some carpet, not sure what to do with the remodel debris? Thanks
What did your salesperson tell you when you inquired?
Old 12-14-2021, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

As a non villager I find your trash service really ridiculous. Just down the road in my community we have one can for trash one smaller can for recyclables, or you can use a yellow bucket provided also for recyclables, the trucks that are used have mechanical arm is that will pick up the cans and dump them into the trucks. The only request they have is to cut up cardboard boxes and flatten them out if it's more than one or two
Old 12-14-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdecastro View Post
The system is one of the most ridiculous things about ”the bubble”. Putting a plastic garbage bag on your driveway where critters can get at it it’s just plain stupid. I would put it out in the morning to avoid them.
Problem solved, you are a genius.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
As a non villager I find your trash service really ridiculous. Just down the road in my community we have one can for trash one smaller can for recyclables, or you can use a yellow bucket provided also for recyclables, the trucks that are used have mechanical arm is that will pick up the cans and dump them into the trucks. The only request they have is to cut up cardboard boxes and flatten them out if it's more than one or two
I never got past "as a non villager" in reading your post.......
Old 12-14-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I just bought a house in Cason Hammock and will be moving at the end of January.

How does the trash service work in TV? Do you get a can or need to purchase one? How often is the pick up? How much can you put out? What if I have a lot due to construction?

I am planning on pulling up some carpet, not sure what to do with the remodel debris? Thanks
Welcome! Great minds think alike- that was a big question for me when I rented here before moving. Ignore all the snarky replies-not the majority for sure. All trash goes in same bag-trash, recycling and lawn waste. Twice weekly service keeps your garage smelling sweeter. Good luck with your move.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:01 AM
Veteran member

Sumter County bulk pickup ( if you are in Sumter County) 352-748-0109. call for pickup of large items
Old 12-14-2021, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

Lake county allows cans and takes just about anything.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Most of the info you’ll need as a new resident can be found at Districtgov.org. If nothing else, you can call or email customer service.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdecastro View Post
The system is one of the most ridiculous things about ”the bubble”. Putting a plastic garbage bag on your driveway where critters can get at it it’s just plain stupid. I would put it out in the morning to avoid them.
I’ve been here since 2009 and LIVE not having to drag a trash can in and out. And you’ll learn it’s too windy in certain seasons in Florida to use trash cans.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

IMO the TV trash pickup is quite good and efficient.

Moved to TV 7 years ago from another 55+ comm near from TV. Over there -Lake Country- each house had a BIG rolling bin and a BIG rolling recycling bin (this was 7 years ago, so they may have changed since). But, with these 2 bins - took up so much room in the garage, and many folks left them outside beside their homes. And pickup was once per week. The bins were picked up by the truck with 1 driver(only). The truck's lift mechanism needed to be close to the curb and took well over 30 seconds (estimate) each bin to lift and dump into truck.

With the TV bags, the pickup folks are QUICK. Even with a few bags 'o trash, quick. Many folks put out dead limbs (trees...), and garden stuff.

All said & done the TV method works fine. BTW, I'm still amazed that TV has TWICE per week pickup. shhhh.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:30 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

In District 13, which includes Cason Hammock, your pickup days are Monday and Thursday. Personally, I like not having to mess with (and store) a trash can. Pickup day mornings, take your bags to the curb, and they are soon gone. I have yet to have a time when the sanitation folks did not take everything that was put out.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydavid View Post
I'm amazed that you are moving to a new home and trash pick-up is your concern.
Not sure why you are amazed? It’s one of many logistical questions that will determine what tools, and equipment that I will drag 2,000 miles to my new home. Where I currently live, construction debris has to be taken to the local landfill by the homeowner or you pay a ridiculous amount for someone to pick it up. I am a very capable person with lots of equipment / trailers, and I do things myself. So, I think it’s a good plan to be prepared. I feel sorry for you if you don’t make a plan and just let life run you over!
Old 12-14-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake57 View Post
Welcome! Great minds think alike- that was a big question for me when I rented here before moving. Ignore all the snarky replies-not the majority for sure. All trash goes in same bag-trash, recycling and lawn waste. Twice weekly service keeps your garage smelling sweeter. Good luck with your move.
Thank you. Yeah, not sure why some people think it’s dumb question. My first thing is to pull up carpet and I am trying to determine if I should bring a trailer to be able to haul debris away or pay someone to remove bulky items. Planning ahead always seems like a good idea to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, trash, debris, remodel, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.